Setup Dolby Atmos Using existing Yamaha Z9

Hi friends

My current Home Theatre setup is 7.1 run by Yamaha Z9, fairly old Tech with DTS but still sound good. Is it possible to setup Dolby Atmos by adding in-ceiling speakers and still using the current equipments? Or I have to get new AVR? Thanks in advance for your advices.

Additional info, room size 4.5x5x2.4m. Front speaker Tannoy Eyris DC3, rear speakers Tannoy Six, Centre Speaker Tannoy Eyris DCC, SW Velodine 10”.

10 minutes ago, Xichlong said:

Hi friends My current Home Theatre setup is 7.1 run by Yamaha Z9, fairly old Tech with DTS but still sound good. Is it possible to setup Dolby Atmos by adding in-ceiling speakers and still using the current equipments? Or I have to get new AVR? Thanks in advance for your advices..

Hi Xichlong welcome ; no unfortunately you need a dolby atmos decoder in your avr or pre pro ;the old lossy formats are no good . On top of this you need HDMI switching to bitstream the metadata to that atmos decoder B)

If your happy with the Z9;s methodology and sound you will find the Z9;s editor software rs232 interface is now very comprehensive and finally network capable with the new aventage avr's as well as the CXA-5100 pre pro .