9 minutes ago, digitalhome said:

What a load of marketing dribble from the boss! I ordered a pair that arrived 2 weeks after order date and wouldn't you know it, they are stuffed! 2 weeks later (after many promises and confirmed incorrect mixed information) I am yet to receive a replacement pair ( still haven't been dispatched from Hong Kong) or my money back! 

To top it of, there was an invoice to Nura for the headphones for a total of $90 AUD. If that is the case no wonder quality control is rubbish ( confirmed by the qty of faulty units) and G.P. is huge!

Maybe there is a shortage. 

I can’t stand their “funky in the front row” ad on Facebook. 

12 hours ago, Mike13 said:

Maybe there is a shortage. 

If there was you would think they would have the common sense to let the buyer know, but I assume this is the Nuraphone way. I have lodged a case with paypal anyway.

I heard these over the weekend at Hong Kong airport. I couldn’t get the left earphone to seal properly, but these are mostly marketing hype. The reason I say this is that the people in their ads have roles where they would’ve tried a lot of other good headphones.

Non personalised sound is, as others have suggested, made to sound really bad in order to to make the personalised version sound a bit better.

The “funky in the front row” comment that I find so annoying is also a gimic. All that I could tell that the distance from the stage does is adjust the bass.

I like heavy bass, but the front row isn’t funky, it’s just overdone bass.

I still like their idea of buds inside a full size can, but in this implementation I’m not sure it does anything other than make it more uncomfortable. 

On 01/10/2018 at 10:22 PM, Mike13 said:

I heard these over the weekend at Hong Kong airport. I couldn’t get the left earphone to seal properly, but these are mostly marketing hype. The reason I say this is that the people in their ads have roles where they would’ve tried a lot of other good headphones.

Non personalised sound is, as others have suggested, made to sound really bad in order to to make the personalised version sound a bit better.

The “funky in the front row” comment that I find so annoying is also a gimic. All that I could tell that the distance from the stage does is adjust the bass.

I like heavy bass, but the front row isn’t funky, it’s just overdone bass.

I still like their idea of buds inside a full size can, but in this implementation I’m not sure it does anything other than make it more uncomfortable. 

Did you tune the headset in with your phone? I wonder if it would increase voice tone due to my industrial deafness?

16 hours ago, Stump said:

Did you tune the headset in with your phone? I wonder if it would increase voice tone due to my industrial deafness?

Yes with my phone, but I don’t think it matters what you use. 

It doesn’t do any sort of volume adjustment that I could tell, or ask if you could hear any tones at a certain volume level. It’s all automatic. 

Alright, I'll take the bait.

Should I get my hands on a pair for an official StereoNET review?

1 hour ago, Jensway said:

Alright, I'll take the bait.

Should I get my hands on a pair for an official StereoNET review?

Wouldn’t they send you one? Are you one of the reviewers?

3 hours ago, Mike13 said:

Are you one of the reviewers?

Yep!

3 hours ago, Mike13 said:

Wouldn’t they send you one?

If you guys are keen to see a review, I'll see if I can get a pair.