Nakamichi Stasis PA-7 thoughts?

Not a good match synergy wise with the NS1000. Same applied for the Krell KSA100, 150 which have reliability issues, they are all bright sounding amplifiers with a treble overshoot. These amps pop up for cheap on the US ebay domain.

Cheers,

You probably want to hear a Bakoon amp with your NS1000s.

That is the best I have heard the NS1000s sound.Not an obvious choice because you would think a warm smooth sounding sort of amp would suit them best and the Bakoons are more very clear and vivid sounding [but very natural sounding with it].

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, THOMO said:

You probably want to hear a Bakoon amp with your NS1000s.

That is the best I have heard the NS1000s sound.Not an obvious choice because you would think a warm smooth sounding sort of amp would suit them best and the Bakoons are more very clear and vivid sounding [but very natural sounding with it].

Hey Tim I agree with Thomo, definitely give a Bakoon a listen. Amazing amps.

• 2 weeks later...

• 8 months later...
On 19/07/2018 at 10:57 PM, MarkT said:

A 200 wpc Nelson Pass design. 

Should sound good.

Mk1 supposedly better than the mkII.

Not true. Both amps are identical except for the topology circuitry.  In fact mkll Users claim it sounds better then the original which has a birds nest of wiring...  I own a MKll AND a CA 5ll preamp and its phono section is superb!

Polk Audio Lsi 15s, Technics SL-1200 MLK2 turntable, Nakamichi ST-7 tuner, LX-5 cassette deck

Edited by Blainethemono
update