WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: PRICE DROP Tannoy Westminster royals Se REPLICA speakers

Item: Tannoy Westminster royals se reproduction copies 
Price: $16,000
Item Condition:handbuilt replica
Reason for selling: Selling because of personal  family issues
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Only
Extra Info:Regrettably i am selling my tannoy Westminster royals that i built from scratch because my father is loosing his other leg and will be coming to live with us so my hifi room will be converted for him and most of my hifi collection sold. Very emotional for me but it has to happen so time for someone else to enjoy them. 

these speakers are unique and handbuilt from scratch to spec. Over a year of hard labor and love went into these you can see full build on here. I was very particular and did everything as close to original including original Tannoy 15inch hpd 385 drivers and the difficult and extravagant front panels and crossovers. Ive even added extra bracing as originals can rattle after time for lack of bracing. An exception sounding speaker and my dreamspeaker that met all my expectations so very sad to see these go. Am open to offers. 

received_10216461761722747.thumb.jpeg.127171457201f697b919034f107f190d.jpeg

received_10216461761562743.jpeg

received_10216461761322737.jpeg

received_10216461761802749.jpeg

received_10216461761882751.jpeg

received_10216461762042755.jpeg

received_10216461760682721.jpeg

received_10216461761242735.jpeg

Edited by tvcollector
  • Like 7

Guest palexsia

It’s may help to sell your speaker if you list type of drivers you have on the speaker . GLWS

Edited by palexsia

8 minutes ago, russell said:

Only if you were in Sydney...

Hi Russell.

If the only issue is you being in Sydney i'm sure if you didn't mind waiting a very short while you would be able to find someone with a small van or similar who is driving down to Sydney and if you use a service like airtasker then it wouldn't cost you very much.  Because everyone is on a ranking system they should be super safe travelling that way also.

Just an idea,

LPG

15 minutes ago, Xecuter said:

I'll drive them to Sydney for you if you're serious

Op is a friend of mine.

You want to hear them first before making decision that is why if he was in Sydney it will be much easier. 

Simply WOW!

I opened this thread and a wave of nostalgia hit me like a tidal wave.

When I was 12 or so my late father replaced his HPD 12 inchers with a pair of HPD385 15 inchers in enormous cabinets bought from a sound engineer. They took several people to lift into place but would have been dwarfed by your mighty Westminster SE's. My earliest "audiophile" memories are of listening to the HPD385's driven by a very hot running and high current Harmon Kardon 85wpc amp, playing vinyl of course. Mum loved to sit and listen to the Carmen Ballet, my sister and I always begged Dad to play Yackety Moog synthesizer music (Yackety Moog or Foggy Mountain Breakdown), Mandingo or Neil Diamond.

My fondest memories are of spending Sunday afternoons sitting back in the big recliners with Dad, letting the beautiful music from the HPD385's flow over us for hours on end. I had no idea about imaging, soundstaging, etc etc back then but oh boy did we enjoy the music.

I'm so sorry that after such a painstaking and passionate build project you find yourself having to sell these beauties. GLWTS and all the best to you, your father and your family. Though on a much smaller scale I hope you can find sufficient space to indulge your passion for high end audio. And, if you can enjoy it with your Dad, so much the better.

• Like 4

Thanks guys for the comments lots of interest via messages but no buyers yet however i thought id let people know that i can offer free delivery to south east QLD, VICTORIA AND NSW. And they will be packed on a crate packed better than a carton of eggs and a friend of mine i trust very much will deliver them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard these behemoths in person and the real deal in Japan and Singapore, Toby's attention to detail with this build was meticulous and they had the same amazing sound (I think Toby used the exact same drivers and crossovers) that I heard with the originals.

Any prospective buyer should really come have a listen to these because they are look and sound incredible in person.

• 1 month later...