Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The UFC has moved from Fox to ESPN. However i've looked for this weekend's UFC event that is happening this weekend, but can't find it in the guide. So has Foxtel lost the UFC as well as the EPL now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iceblinkfroufrou said:

 i've looked for this weekend's UFC event that is happening this weekend, but can't find it in the guide.

 

No UFC  event this weekend, the next on is 19.01.18 - Dillashaw vs Cejudo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved into a brand new apartment building in September and rang the foxtel people assigned to us.  I wanted basic plus sports (prefer just sports), and he said he would give me three months platinum for free and then I can make up my mind. I reluctantly said yes

 

 When the three months were up I see in my bank account a charge for $135.  I rang Foxtel and they claimed they notified me of the end of my trial and I didn't reply.  It turns out they sent the text to my wife's mobile and she just ignored it.  Lesson learnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


This weekend I watched the MotoGP on Kayo rather than via Foxtel, it was the same broadcast at half the monthly fee, yesterday I ditched Foxtel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In my opinion, Foxtel has really lost its way.  600 channels of terrible programming, adverts (which devalue the experience) and terrible documentaries.  Gave it up too...  Netflixs and Stan seem to have a better content library

Edited by Hereinoz
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2019 at 7:35 PM, Hereinoz said:

In my opinion, Foxtel has really lost its way.  600 channels of terrible programming, adverts (which devalue the experience) and terrible documentaries.  Gave it up too...  Netflixs and Stan seem to have a better content library

Do they still do the god awful station logos over shows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had foxtel now for what 7 days... thought sign upto it for 10 day trial. we watched chernobyl on it.... but what a useless way to go. no apple tv app ? what ? how is this possible in this day age for a streaming channel ? every other form of streaming even the tv stations have an app. foxtel cant afford one ? using airplay off MacBook to stream to the apple tv has got to be the suckiest way of watching things. shut it down 3 days before the trial ends because now chernobyl done cant see myself going this ways. 

 

its not cheap either $25 a month ? are they joking ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, betty boop said:

i had foxtel now for what 7 days... thought sign upto it for 10 day trial. we watched chernobyl on it.... but what a useless way to go. no apple tv app ? what ? how is this possible in this day age for a streaming channel ? every other form of streaming even the tv stations have an app. foxtel cant afford one ? using airplay off MacBook to stream to the apple tv has got to be the suckiest way of watching things. shut it down 3 days before the trial ends because now chernobyl done cant see myself going this ways. 

 

its not cheap either $25 a month ? are they joking ? 

Yeah just goes to show the shortcomings of Foxtel , al !

Enough to drive a man to piracy, or in my case beneficiary of his son's transgressions to watch Chernobyl! 😁

Should add happy subscriber with Kayo, unfortunately via an Apple Tv box but works very well on 110" screen .

 

Edited by evil c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2019 at 7:35 PM, Hereinoz said:

In my opinion, Foxtel has really lost its way.  600 channels of terrible programming, adverts (which devalue the experience) and terrible documentaries.  Gave it up too...  Netflixs and Stan seem to have a better content library

Exactly. I really don't watch anything on it except for the A-League (6 months a year) and cycling (Eurosport). There has been 2 series that I've ever watched - GOT (and had to pay extra for that) and Chernobyl. Unfortunately, there's no other way to watch  cycling, as Eurosport isn't included on Kayo. The other TV channels have nothing of interest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...