FS: Luxman MB -3045 Monoblock

Item: Luxman 
Price: $4700
Item Condition: excellent
Reason for selling: to manytube amps
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Up for sale is my beloved Luxman MB 3045 monoblocks. In beautiful condition and these are consecutive serial numbers a collectors dream. Widely regarded as one of the best low power vintage mono blocks ever made , the sound they product is nothing short of astonishing. clean open highs, deep bass big soundstage . I had a fellow SNA member buy a pair and wanted to listen to them on the JBL DD55000 project , so i said cool bring them around i we will hook them up. I was floored by the sound, just incredible couldn't wipe the smile of my face. I was so impressed with these i have bought ALL NEW PARTS to totally rebuild these magnificent amps, Yes EVERYTHING!!  jupiter cooper foils v caps Mundorf silver gold caps Audionote resistors Shinko Resistors, CRYO tubes Khozmo stepped Attenuators the lot... Even new cages. These are 220v too so no need for a transformer just use your favourite cable and enjoy. 4 8 and 16ohm settings .

But I'm at the end of my audio journey and don't have the time to do this project, which i beleive could be a magical set of amplifiers. I will probably regret selling these i guess time will tell. This sale is for the amps only. The parts i will sell later on. Thankyou for looking.

Pictures:

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0719 (1).JPG

IMG_0718 (2).JPG

IMG_0722 (1).JPG

IMG_0729 (1).JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

5ACFC514-2317-4486-8C3B-CDF5A2804052.jpeg

Edited by 44maloo
Additional info
  • Like 1

Yum, these were great with my quad 57's. I had the similar MB88 earlier ones with big horseshoe shaped chrome side handles.

Although it marked Luxman on the output transformers, they were actually the famed Tango's made for Lux by Tango, and yours seem similar, maybe they are too.

Lovey amps GLWTS

Cheers George   

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

I have seen and heard these actual power amps, they are in superb condition and sound great.

I will probably regret not buying them, as i have had every chance to for over one year, but how many Amps can a person have ???

To an interested buyer, the seller takes pristine care of all of his equipment, the only bit of his HiFi i have ever touched are the remotes  ?

Also, fantastic amps to easily tube roll with NOS Mullards and Telefunkens, that takes them to another level of greatness.

I have the Luxman MQ70 power amp Tube Rolled with NOS Tubes and the sound is liquid, sitting here writing this i am envious to the new owner of these amps for sale.

• Like 1