Guest Runaway
SOLD

Item: Devialet 120
Price: $3800 plus shipping cost, paypal fees if applicable
Item Condition: Excellent with one small spot
Reason for selling: Toomany amps
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I was not going to sell this but with the Jadis and Aleph not selling, I need to decide how to clear my decks.  I have both the Dev 120 and 200; the 120 in my study driving a pair of 15 ohms Rogers LS3/5a and the 200 in my lounge driving Rogers LS5/9 (and the Pass Labs in my library).  I listen to the Dev more than I listen to the other amps purely because it is convenient (endpoint for Roon, switch on and volume control from iPad) and the SQ is good enough to enjoy.  Sure the Jadis and Pass Labs sounds better for close critical listening but the Dev is good enough to make me look up occasionally and think, "Hmmm....that sounds nice".  I was going to do a shootout between the Dev and the Jadis because I don't believe that it is possible to tell which is which in a blind test but that is just my opinion.  The Dev works with all speakers I threw at it with the exception of ATC speakers which sounded a bit harsh - I cannot figure out why.  I am particularly impressed that it drove the Rogers LS3/5a well (and has a Speakers Matching profile for the 3/5a) which is known as a fussy speakers preferring tube amps.  Of the 120 and 200, I find the 120 to be more relaxed and musical, closer to a valve sound that the 200.  However the 200 has more features.   I was hoping to sell the Aleph or the Jadis and keep the 120 but one has to make a decision.

The unit is in excellent condition - less than 1 years old so plenty of warranty left (which is transferable).  There is a small spot on the top which looks like  a manufacturing fault (shows up as white in the middle of the second pic - which looks worse than what it really is) - the price which could be the lowest you'll find for the 120 reflects this.  Note that in the last pic, I keep the plastic covering on the unit as much as I can.  So no offers please.  I have the original box as well as an outer box - so it can be posted safely.  Still an EOI as I may change my mind or if the other amp sells.

Pictures:

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG