bfhoon1

Good Blu ray player with Tv Tuner

Hi Everyone 

Im after a blu ray player with a tv tuner card so I can watch free to air tv on my projector. Im just wondering what are some good brands to go for... I would buy new if its not to pricey otherwise it would be 2nd hand. Also to are you able to splice into antenna cable? I have my lounge room tv setup with an antenna point in the wall and my home theatre wall is on the otherside. I was hoping to splic into the cable and share the access point. Am I able to do this or doI need to upgrade to a 4 way splitter and run another 25 metre cable down to the wall? 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, bfhoon1 said:

Hi Everyone 

Im after a blu ray player with a tv tuner card so I can watch free to air tv on my projector. Im just wondering what are some good brands to go for... I would buy new if its not to pricey otherwise it would be 2nd hand. 

An all in one for certain ? More choice if you have dedicated machines and more flexibility . A reliable brand is Panasonic [ once had a dmr x300] the 500gb hdd version is cheap :) ' https://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/home-entertainment/recorders/dmr-pwt560ng.html

If I have a 2nd pvr I just run a daisy chained rf cable from the 1st components rf out to the 2nd pvr . Is that feasible for you ? hope so ; good luck 

I don't know if this is helpful. My 3-D blu-ray player is several years old. Its a Samsung BD-D6900A with a single build-in TV tuner inside, but no internal HDD. (If one connects a USB hard drive, it can record to the drive). Bought it for less than $300 at the time on run-out, and no problems so far. I don't know if Samsung still makes such player without internal HDD. 

+1 for the Panasonic if you need an all in one, if not, as above, there are other choices.

Instead of second hand, you could pick up a refurbished unit with 3 month warranty, Graysonline always have a few. Either a buy it now or risk the auction. Just search "Panasonic DMR" , that should bring up a few.

I had to have an all in one for my room, got a then current model at a small fraction of the price through them. Mine came with the box and all packaging, stickers and accessories wrapped just like a new one. I have had it a couple years and no issues but I understand that some are not quite as perfect.

+ 1 also for Panasonic  - l use one

Posted (edited)

I can pick up a 2nd hand panasonic blu ray dmr-bwt850. Im having trouble finding specs on whether it has a tv tuner card. Can anyone confirm. Basically want to hook this into my av receiver so I can watch free tv on my projector the other benefits of blue ray etc will be good also 

Edited by bfhoon1

7 hours ago, bfhoon1 said:

I can pick up a 2nd hand panasonic blu ray dmr-bwt850. Im having trouble finding specs on whether it has a tv tuner card. Can anyone confirm. Basically want to hook this into my av receiver so I can watch free tv on my projector the other benefits of blue ray etc will be good also 

It will have  2 separate dvb-t hd tuners bfhoon and a 500gb hdd to record them if wanted :winky: Heres a basic review 

https://www.goodgearguide.com.au/review/panasonic/dmr-bw850/306426/

You get used to the control navigation with experience ; its logical B)