Can't post or reply in the classifieds?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, stmhlm said:

Posting here, I don't want to get treated like a robot.

The instructions to introduce yourself to this community, and thus, gain full access to our free website are very clear and necessary,

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All you have to do is get involved in our community.  If you are only here to sell, eBay and Gumtree are other options.

Its a really great site. Its free to use Its very expensive to run. If you sell something you can make a small donation if you would like too. To make use of the classifieds you ar

Hmmm.. you have to be a paid member to access bartertown on Audiokarma - which you don’t on here.    Surely it’s not too much to ask to introduce yourself and participate in a few threads befor

On 23/03/2019 at 3:41 PM, sir sanders zingmore said:

Trust me, you don’t want to go near the classifieds. Your wallet will thank you

Mind you, all my best audio bargains have come via the classifieds.... Either that or Chinese builds of Western circuits.... Then do a full rewire and recap  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

On 17/12/2012 at 10:04 AM, djb said:

Assume it's cos you r required to post in new members first

This is a strategy to stop Bots am told it works as they r presumably incapable of individual responses ;)

I think this is an outdated security measure, please make it easy to use like what the Americans do in AudioKarma, Tapeheads, etc... guys we cannot be outdone by the yankees..  also the lack/hidden of information for new members of what they have to do to post and answer to classifieds is frustrating....

So this is your member introduction? :huh:

Welcome, ACT2020...........access will happen in due course as outlined in the message you received when you joined, have fun.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ACT2020 said:

I think this is an outdated security measure, please make it easy to use like what the Americans do in AudioKarma, Tapeheads, etc... guys we cannot be outdone by the yankees..  also the lack/hidden of information for new members of what they have to do to post and answer to classifieds is frustrating....

Hmmm.. you have to be a paid member to access bartertown on Audiokarma - which you don’t on here. 

Surely it’s not too much to ask to introduce yourself and participate in a few threads before being able to use the classifieds? I don’t get what the issue is. If it’s too difficult, there’s always gumtree. However, I know where I’d rather be - part of a community which is so much more than just a glorified classifieds section. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Beggars can't be choosers, how hard is it to be an active member here? This is a great community, came here for the classifieds, stayed for the community aspect of the forum. Not too complicated really. 

• Like 2

Thanks pete-mac and dolphy... just that after I signed up there was nothing to tell me that I had to post an introductory thread and had it approved before I could have full access to the site.... it was a try and error to get me going and I am pretty computer savvy ... I think we should have this info on the site for new signers and potential signers... when I searched for info of what I had to do after signed up I got a list of threads talking about it but I could not access them because I was not yet a full member ... it was like chicken and egg...and so frustrating...

2 minutes ago, ACT2020 said:

Thanks pete-mac and dolphy... just that after I signed up there was nothing to tell me that I had to post an introductory thread and had it approved before I could have full access to the site.... it was a try and error to get me going and I am pretty computer savvy ... I think we should have this info on the site for new signers and potential signers... when I searched for info of what I had to do after signed up I got a list of threads talking about it but I could not access them because I was not yet a full member ... it was like chicken and egg...and so frustrating...

@Marc

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, ACT2020 said:

You mean other that Welcome and Please Read private message I magically delivered to your inbox the moment you signed up?

Or, the Welcome and Please Read message that is pinned in the only sub-forum you can access/read until you follow the instructions? C'mon mate. It ain't hard.

You're in now. Enjoy.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Marc said:

You mean other that Welcome and Please Read private message I magically delivered to your inbox the moment you signed up?

Or, the Welcome and Please Read message that is pinned in the only sub-forum you can access/read until you follow the instructions? C'mon mate. It ain't hard.

You're in now. Enjoy.

This is exactly the message new comers need on the site that can be accessed by all (members and non-members)... I totally missed this info.. I did not know I had an inbox and did not see the welcome and please read message because I activated my membership via my iphone....so may be it was my bad... sorry

3 hours ago, dolphy said:

Beggars can't be choosers, how hard is it to be an active member here? This is a great community, came here for the classifieds, stayed for the community aspect of the forum. Not too complicated really. 

Could not agree more mate.

It is almost surreal, but what really puzzles me is how often this happens.

The benefits and knowledge of great discussions are all here to be enjoyed but it is NOT Gumtree and thank goodness for that.

I wonder what would happen if a ten post rule of meaningful participation was required in order to access the for sale listings ( ie ,not saying hello ten times ) but actually contributing. The other aspect of  this is that the established members may well enjoy/learn/be entertained by these required posts  and everybody would be a winner.

I think what we have here is well worth valuing and not just for buy/sell and run.

Edited by rantan
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...