Sign in to follow this  
Phil Sturges

Can't post or reply in the classifieds?

I’d been wondering the same thing but this definitely clears it up!

I am in the same boat as trying to figure out how to reply an ads. 

3 hours ago, xh63 said:

I am in the same boat as trying to figure out how to reply an ads. 

@xh63 You just need to make a few posts and get to know the forum. Then all will be revealed :)

Ahh, the penny drops. I guess I too should read the fine print.

Have enjoyed this site for many years however have not been a contributor

by way of comments.

Will be looking to move on my Sony ES power amps .

New smaller home will require a very different set up.

On 28/11/2018 at 7:56 PM, rantan said:

Very true old bean. However whilst we are in grammatical  mode I have noticed with some degree of sorrow that you are frequently confusing the words too and to. I am certain that you actually know the difference between the two.

For example, you cannot want too, but you can want to . You can also want to  go to Bleak City but you cannot want too  go there, even for an existentialist breakfast.

The most convenient way to remember this is to use the extra when something is additional or in excess of and here we can say there are too many pedants on SNA and you would like to see less of them.🙃

I think some correction is required of this correction. You can want too in some instances, if I said I want icecream, another could exclaim "that is what I want too". A third could say "icecream, I want to too". Of cause this brings about the situation where we are using two tos, one being a too. Clear now?

Just now, t_mike said:

I think some correction is required of this correction. You can want too in some instances, if I said I want icecream, another could exclaim "that is what I want too". A third could say "icecream, I want to too". Of cause this brings about the situation where we are using two tos, one being a too. Clear now?

In both cases the correct and easiest solution is "I see you are buying an ice cream, may I have one also, or can I get one as well?  Another way is
"if you are buying , can you make that an order for two"?

The great thing about language and grammar is that there is always an easy and acceptable alternative.😎

Hi all, was wondering how to post and come across this. So thanks

15 minutes ago, bygrave316 said:

Hi all, was wondering how to post and come across this. So thanks

You need to make some contributions to the community by way of some posts. Perhaps about your interests ,or system for example.

After this the site admin will know that you are not a robot and then you will be allowed access to the for sale section, but this ins't a join-and-sell situation like Gumtree.

:welcome:

1 minute ago, rantan said:

You need to make some contributions to the community by way of some posts. Perhaps about your interests ,or system for example.

After this the site admin will know that you are not a robot and then you will be allowed access to the for sale section, but this ins't a join-and-sell situation like Gumtree.

:welcome:

Thanks, Got it. Can now post, Cheers 

PLEASE NOTE:  Approval of Classified Ads can take anywhere from 10 secs, to 10 hours or more, depending on the workload the non-Paid Moderator team have. Please do NOT make phone calls, emails or reports to us to see when your ad will be approved. It will be done when it's done, and not a moment before.

thank you