Jump to content

Can't post or reply in the classifieds?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All you have to do is get involved in our community.  If you are only here to sell, eBay and Gumtree are other options.

Its a really great site. Its free to use Its very expensive to run. If you sell something you can make a small donation if you would like too. To make use of the classifieds you ar

Hmmm.. you have to be a paid member to access bartertown on Audiokarma - which you don’t on here.    Surely it’s not too much to ask to introduce yourself and participate in a few threads befor

Assume it's cos you r required to post in new members first

This is a strategy to stop Bots am told it works as they r presumably incapable of individual responses ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 years later...


  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

 

Apparently I've been registered here since 2004, but I don't recall that🤔.

 

Anyhow, I've tried searching for the answer, but for some reason I can't post or reply in the classifieds section, yet I can everywhere else as far as I can see. Is there some good reason for that?

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites




  • 1 month later...

@pairgain  it's a grammar given that if your writing and using numbers under 10 then you always write them as; One,two,three,four,five,six,seven,eight,nine and if your particular..ten.

Digits below ten are a no no.

I'm voting to not allow you to respond to a classified until you fix this aberration.

 

Eight years! Wow. There's lurking then there's LURKING!!!!!

 

WD,and welcome to SNA.

@djb

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Haha.

See my cunning plan?

You are correct of course:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 24/08/2018 at 7:12 PM, Luc said:

@pairgain  it's a grammar given that if your writing and using numbers under 10 then you always write them as; One,two,three,four,five,six,seven,eight,nine and if your particular..ten.

Digits below ten are a no no.

 

 

Very true old bean. However whilst we are in grammatical  mode I have noticed with some degree of sorrow that you are frequently confusing the words too and to. I am certain that you actually know the difference between the two.

For example, you cannot want too, but you can want to . You can also want to  go to Bleak City but you cannot want too  go there, even for an existentialist breakfast.

 

The most convenient way to remember this is to use the extra when something is additional or in excess of and here we can say there are too many pedants on SNA and you would like to see less of them.🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, xh63 said:

I am in the same boat as trying to figure out how to reply an ads. 

@xh63 You just need to make a few posts and get to know the forum. Then all will be revealed :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh, the penny drops. I guess I too should read the fine print.

Have enjoyed this site for many years however have not been a contributor

by way of comments.

Will be looking to move on my Sony ES power amps .

New smaller home will require a very different set up.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 28/11/2018 at 7:56 PM, rantan said:

 

 

Very true old bean. However whilst we are in grammatical  mode I have noticed with some degree of sorrow that you are frequently confusing the words too and to. I am certain that you actually know the difference between the two.

For example, you cannot want too, but you can want to . You can also want to  go to Bleak City but you cannot want too  go there, even for an existentialist breakfast.

 

The most convenient way to remember this is to use the extra when something is additional or in excess of and here we can say there are too many pedants on SNA and you would like to see less of them.🙃

I think some correction is required of this correction. You can want too in some instances, if I said I want icecream, another could exclaim "that is what I want too". A third could say "icecream, I want to too". Of cause this brings about the situation where we are using two tos, one being a too. Clear now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, t_mike said:

I think some correction is required of this correction. You can want too in some instances, if I said I want icecream, another could exclaim "that is what I want too". A third could say "icecream, I want to too". Of cause this brings about the situation where we are using two tos, one being a too. Clear now?

In both cases the correct and easiest solution is "I see you are buying an ice cream, may I have one also, or can I get one as well?  Another way is
"if you are buying , can you make that an order for two"?

 

The great thing about language and grammar is that there is always an easy and acceptable alternative.😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, bygrave316 said:

Hi all, was wondering how to post and come across this. So thanks

You need to make some contributions to the community by way of some posts. Perhaps about your interests ,or system for example.

 

After this the site admin will know that you are not a robot and then you will be allowed access to the for sale section, but this ins't a join-and-sell situation like Gumtree.

:welcome:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rantan said:

You need to make some contributions to the community by way of some posts. Perhaps about your interests ,or system for example.

 

After this the site admin will know that you are not a robot and then you will be allowed access to the for sale section, but this ins't a join-and-sell situation like Gumtree.

:welcome:

Thanks, Got it. Can now post, Cheers 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined not long ago. I have been wanting to reply to a post but I could not find how to do it. I hope someone could help me how.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Looks like you found your way to the intro section in your other post.

That answers your question. We ask new members to introduce themselves so that we can establish authenticity. You should now be able to participate in other threads.

Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • candyflip locked, pinned and pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

PLEASE NOTE:  Approval of Classified Ads can take anywhere from 10 secs, to 10 hours or more, depending on the workload the non-Paid Moderator team have. Please do NOT make phone calls, emails or reports to us to see when your ad will be approved. It will be done when it's done, and not a moment before.

 

thank you

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Marc pinned and locked this topic
  • Marc locked and unlocked this topic
  • Marc unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...