smoothaz

Help on projector mount.

Hi guys. I'm trying to work out what length of mount I need. I've got a benq w1700 and I'm using it on a 100 inch fixed screen. I plan to mount the screen at 1150 off the floor to clear my speakers. The screen height is 1245, the w1700 has a vertical offset of 125. So 1150 plus 1245 plus 125 is 2520. My ceiling height is 3050 minus 2520 is 530 so does that mean I have to mount the projector at 530 from the ceiling?

That is the maximum lens shift that is available. Better to leave a safety margin.

16 minutes ago, Tasso said:

That is the maximum lens shift that is available. Better to leave a safety margin.

What length would you recommend ?

This projector has no lens shift so your measurement is about right. But keep in mind that the measurement is from center of lens so you have to add about 7cm to cover the distance from legs of mount to the lens. 

7 hours ago, PKK said:

This projector has no lens shift so your measurement is about right. But keep in mind that the measurement is from center of lens so you have to add about 7cm to cover the distance from legs of mount to the lens. 

Thank you! I might just get a selby adjustable mount so i can play around with the screen height.