Neowatcher

SOLD: FS: Dali Blue Series 5.1 speakers

Posted (edited)

Item: Dali Blue Series 5 speaker set (6006 front, C1000 center and R1000 rear)
Price: $700 $650 ONO
Item Condition: Very good condition, no marks.
Reason for selling: Going to full stereo system, need the funds
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal( + fee), COD Only
Extra Info: Good set of speakers, all with the same sound image. The front speakers can easily be used as stereo speakers as well and produce a nice warm sound. These are called 'Hobo Hifi - special edition', with the 6006 having an improved cross-over circuit from the high-end model, especially put together for Hobo Hifi (The Netherlands). Front speakers can be bi-wired or bi-amped. I had them bi-wired once with a NAD amplifier and noticed an improvement in depth.

The two rear speakers are angled, such that they face inwards when you hang them on the wall (with the tweeter facing down). You can also use them as book-shelf speakers (with the tweeters facing up and flipping the mesh).

Indication of price (but will not separate):

* Front: $400

* Center: $100

* Rear: $200

I also have a Yamaha RX A820 for sale, and I can do a combo-deal for you!

I do not have any boxes anymore, so pick-up only!

Pictures:

DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_0224.JPG

DSC_0225.JPG

DSC_0226.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0229.JPG

DSC_0230.JPG

DSC_0231.JPG

Edited by Neowatcher

Would the upward firing tweeters interfere with Atmos height speakers?

When placing the rear speakers on the wall, the tweeters will be facing downwards, projecting towards ear-level. You can use these rear speaker in a book-shelf but then you would put them upside down with the speakers facing upwards and with the grill mesh flipped. I've only taken a picture with them upside down such I would not damage the tweeter.

I would have to use them as rear speaker bookshelves on a stand. So either the tweeter would fire down into the stand top or fire up to the roof. I’m wondering if firing upwards would effect the ceiling speakers imaging. I have a feeling it might.

You can tilt the tweeter slightly for a small adjustment, but that is up to around 20 degrees. You might be right if you use the rear on a book shelve with the tweeter upwards, it affects the sound imaging.

Combination discount with the Yamaha RX-A820 (see my other post): $1000 for the whole set.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pdcoo7
      Item: Conrad-Johnson Sonographe SA250 Amplifier
      Price:  1290
      Item Condition: used but good condition
      Reason for selling: too many amps
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      The Conrad-Johnson  Sonographe SA250 Amplifier is a solid state power amp rated at 125 watts per channel RMS both channels driven into 8 ohms from 20Hz to 20KHz with no more than 1% total harmonic distortion.
      It has had extensive reviews mostly pointing to its fluid, tube-like sound signature. It is way too good to be sitting in my cupboard so regrettably it is being moved on.
      Preference will be given to local buyer that can pick-up. The front aluminium fascia has picked up a nick as shown otherwise functioning perfectly and very good overall condition for its age. 

Pictures:

• By mud_shark
      Item: Whatmough Synergy 2 series 5.1 Home Theatre Speakers
      Price: $500
      Item Condition: Very Good. There are some surface marks on some of the speakers, and you can see a small mark on the front grille of the subwoofer - refer pics. Work perfectly.
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash or Paypal
      Extra Info:  Please look at the photos to see specifications. Subwoofer cable included.
      Pictures: below

• By Patrick_C
      Item: PMC Twenty5.23 Walnut
      Price: $3800
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Downsizing
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: 

Multiple award winners, these are totally dynamite when it comes to small format floor standing loudspeakers. ATL technology, combined with the Laminair port, creates tight bass extension that surprises anyone.

All accessories and original packaging included. Speaker grilles have never been used, and are still in original packaging. These speakers are just too large for my current living arrangement, and it appears I will be staying where I am for another year so I have decided to move these onto a new home.

When I move into a larger place next year, I will look at a new system. Until then, it is back to some small format wireless options - sigh.

Preferred local pick-up, but would post at buyers expense.

Pictures:

• By Willmax
      Item: Dynaudio Audience 70 Speakers
      Price: $1250  $1150
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal,
      Extra Info:
      Recently bought these speakers from the classifieds and had them shipped from WA, I had to scratch an itch. I was very impressed with their condition and how well they were kept over the years, simply pristine, complete with original brochure, set of 8x spikes and 2x bass plugs for the bass reflex ports. Asking price reflects additional shipping costs I'd incurred. Original link below.

Pictures:

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/250358-sold-fs-dynaudio-audience-70-speakers/

• By Orca
      Item:  Rega P3-24 Ortofon 2M Bronze, with Groovetracer sub-platter and platter upgrades  and white belt
      Price:  $1400
      Item Condition:  Very good. 8/10. Some very minor blemishes
      Reason for selling:  Upgraded
      Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, Bank transfer
      Extra Info: Here it is. The Lime green Rega P3-24 turntable with all the upgrades you'll need. 

It has the Groovertracer reference sub-platter, Delrin platter and Rega white belt upgrades, with an Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge. It has an external power supply with 33/45 electronic speed selection.

Bias plays a part, of course, but this review on the sub-platter pretty much sums it up: The improvements are immediately noticeable and equivalent to moving up to the next price class, and perhaps beyond. The soundstage snaps into focus with greater clarity. The noise floor drops substantially, along with surface noise, which is pushed deep into the background as it is on more expensive tables. 

And on the Delrin platter: The sonic benefits include well balanced frequency response with no loss in dynamics. Upper frequencies are better defined which in turn allows more inner detail to shine through. The improved presentation of instruments within the soundstage provides better imaging.

The sub-platter and platter alone are worth about $850, and the cartridge is about $400 to replace.

I have loved this rig. It has served me well, but the call to upgrade cannot go unheeded, so it's time for a new home.

I have all the original packaging and can ship anywhere at buyers expense.

Pictures: