Sign in to follow this  
Jeddie

Clean Samsung TV Screen

I have a new Samsung TV and just noticed a smudge or fingerprint in the middle of screen. Its only visible in dark scenes in movies.

How do I clean it?

Samsung web site goes to great lengths in saying what not to use (eg paper towel). It says to use soft dry cloth & 'ScreenClean' whatever that is?

I have a bottle of 'Screen & Keyboard Cleaner' from work? Would this be ok?

I'm sure the tech who came to my place to fix a warranty repair on it said you could use Lens cleaner ie same stuff you use to clean glasses?

What do you guys use?

Belkin sell a kit, which is safe on all screens and is designed for this specific cleaning task in mind. Use the cloth supplied and after afew cleans hand wash with mild soap. Make sure you rinse it well and dry on a cloth hanger keeping it clean once dry store in a plastic bag till next clean. You have to be careful with the cloth any dirt attached to it will scratch the screen so careful management of the cloth is a must to insure a clean screen

Neo

image.jpg

Edited by Neo

Follow the manufacturer instructions rigorously.

Ask me how I know   😕 :no:

11 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

Follow the manufacturer instructions rigorously.

Ask me how I know   😕 :no:

Spill the beans😬

TVs don't like paper towel and water.

<facepalm>

Meh. There is no fancy stuff needed to clean a TV panel. I just use a soft,close weave, microfibre cloth ( there are different grades ) which is kept specifically for the TV and it gets washed weekly. I never spray anything on the screen or the cloth, just make sure to keep the cloth very clean and don't use it for anything else.

Yes I would agree with that, observed the results first hand with my boss way back. He decided to clean an lcd screen on the computer monitor in the same fashion and was wondering why the screen gone really dark. After careful explaining we promptly ended up with a new monitor.

Neo

Ive clean thousands of LCD LED screens without an issue, afterall it’s my job!  

Ive used dozens of cleaners including dishwashing liquids and lens cleaners also windex.  The trick is never use excessive force and use something that’s soft and extremely absorbant and doesn’t leave streaks.  Nothing worst than a cloth or paper towel that streaks a panel screen!  Never spray directly on the screen, spray it on the cleaning cloth or towel 1st.  

Do not use any cleaners or solvents on the Samsung screen!!! 

Use a clean and dry microfibre cloth only. The fingerprint will come straight off. 

I have a Samsung and it’s the only thing you should use. As per the instructions. 

It will be related to the anti-reflective coating. As above, follow Samsung's instructions to the letter.

These TV screens can differ greatly from common PC/phone/tablet screens.