Krix Owners & Discussion Thread

• 6 months later...

A buddy recently picked up a pair with refoamed woofers. Look and sound magnificent.

Interestingly DIY Sound Group has a current design the Cobalt 8 that uses the same Scan-speak Discovery H2606/9200 Horn Loaded 1" Textile Dome Tweeter.

The woofer is a very nice looking Electro-Voice sourced woofer. It looks very similar to the woofer in my ZX1 EV's except that the Krix versions have the foam surround rather than the accordion cloth surround.

The crossover also looks to be very high quality.

Thanks for sharing these files.

Edited by Maz4bz

• 9 months later...

It doesn't look like there's a page yet established for this so here's a thread dedicated to Krix Series X and MX range.

It's open to the discussion for any current owners around configurations of how we run them, set-up and experiences so we can share knowledge between our fellow Krix users and also for anyone interested to know more about them or fire any questions.

Let's keep this topic to Series X and MX, as there's already another Krix thread, which is probably better to discuss their other range of products.

Their range can be viewed via

www.krix.com.au > Products > Series MX or Series X

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, ewollowe said:

New to this forum guys but interested in local speakers. Has anyone any experience with the Krix Impax? There's one for sale locally for $80, needs a refoam.

I have a pair! (had them for 5 or so years now) They have 8 inch Electro-voice mid-woofers, might cost you up to $200 to re-foam both woofers but well worth it.

They were marketed for live music and cinema sound (if I remember the sales brochure correctly?) but are also very good on the cd stuff too, I always find myself turning up the volume so I can feel the bass, that is until the wife 

holds up the red card and I get sin binned 😔

They are a good fun speaker!

On 8/9/2022 at 10:28 PM, mrjayviper said:

Thoughts on the symphonic model. There's one for$800. Is that a good price? Thanks

I would say (from my personal opinion) that it’s over priced, Why? 👇

I would recommend negotiating if your heart is really in it or be patient and wait for something else that will eventually pop up.

I would also recommend asking the mods/volunteers to move your question to “Beginners & Purchasing Advice”, there you will have a more sympathetic crowd to help guide you and may even give you a price guide.

Good luck and don’t rush!

• Love 1

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello Krix owners. Quick question if I may. I am looking at a Seismix 3 Mk4 on gumtree but can't find any specs or info on it. Any help on info would be appreciated.

Thanks Brad. 

Edited by BRS

On 17/2/2024 at 4:22 PM, BRS said:

Hello Krix owners. Quick question if I may. I am looking at a Seismix 3 Mk4 on gumtree but can't find any specs or info on it. Any help on info would be appreciated.

Thanks Brad. 

Hi Brad,

Have you tried to contact Michael @Krix Loudspeakers?

He helped me with the Impax speaker specs.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Krix owners

I’m looking for some rear wall surround speakers. What do you recommend? In wall or on-wall (mounted) eg Dynamix Mk4?

is it better to have wall speakers or ceiling speakers? Running 5.1 system.