Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Movie Review

Guest Muon N'

I haven't seen it, but a couple of my friends loved it.

I was done after the second in the franchise.

Edit:  oops! I did watch the third, but that just confirmed what I felt after the second one.

Edited by Muon N'

I was amazed and terrified by Jurrassic Park and The Lost World, but after watching Jurrassic Park III you could tell it was tailing off a bit and we are interested in the latest one so we watched Jurrassic World the other night and it is really bad. Some parts are OK but it is the tired old formula of people doing inexplicably ridiculous things with danger imminent. :D 

In III Tea Leoni wandering around the countryside yelling at the top of her lungs just got farcical after a while. :D 

However, a lot of people reckon the latest one is quite dark and that I would like it. I reckon it will be average but we'll give it a go. :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw fallen kingdom - enjoyed it 

would have preferred more island time 

still high on the wtf moments and the cliche characters. 

But it effects are good and it has you on the edge of your seat 

escapism fun yep 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I did like it a lot. I can't wait to watch it again soon (bought a new bigger/better/faster/more telly ?). Yes, it borrows from old Jurassic Park movies, but it has great WTF moments as someone mentioned.

Pure fun baby....

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 1

You watch Jurassic Park movies to see people getting eated by giant frickin' dinosaurs. Doesn't matter if one movie copies the plot of previous movies, or if the characters do stupid things. It's the primal fear of humanity to be the hunted rather than the hunter, and that's what these movies deliver.

--Geoff 

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hired goon said:

You watch Jurassic Park movies to see people getting eated by giant frickin' dinosaurs. Doesn't matter if one movie copies the plot of previous movies, or if the characters do stupid things. It's the primal fear of humanity to be the hunted rather than the hunter, and that's what these movies deliver.

--Geoff 

I was full of primal fear when I saw the first one.

I think I left some on the seat in the theatre.

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'

Irrational fears

I was never comfortable with the impossible premise of the franchise.

But if It's entertaining some of the masses, It's cool! and supplying a demand some of what the public crave.

I did watch a couple of them, the first I liked as It was new and different at the time.

Edited by Muon N'