trippinonprozac

WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: FS: Rega RP8 with Goldring 1042 cartridge

Item: Rega RP8 turntable & Goldring 1042 MM cartridge

Price: $1900 for the turntable, $2250 WITH Goldring cart

Item Condition: Excellent, cartridge is new

Reason for selling: NLR

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info:

Purchased on recently on here, this a very well looked after turntable. As seen in images, condition is excellent. I have a new Goldring cartridge mounted, valued at $700.

-Cardas Litz arm rewire upgrade

-Tungston counterwight upgrade

Anyone looking for a turn-key solution, this is it.

I have all original packaging and whilst I would prefer pickup I am happy to courier at buyers expense.

Pictures:

IMG_20180705_193727.thumb.jpg.d51a40ff559814d0b8f08b3c2dd2345b.jpg

IMG_20180705_193744.thumb.jpg.5897e092fc2c8b22116d42dedbebb4f0.jpg

IMG_20180705_193804.thumb.jpg.718b1cc43b338dfbc360a48341f2006f.jpg

IMG_20180705_193815.thumb.jpg.c9a39baf8d430f3fc50bcae9b0424551.jpg

IMG_20180705_193825.thumb.jpg.7bfa38931ecaba4a83ac7fe0a1680659.jpg

IMG_20180705_193847.thumb.jpg.e240b12330790f5ee25cb1b5dc0d7d0a.jpg

IMG_20180705_194440.thumb.jpg.1980a2e95733235b338932bf901fcf4c.jpg

Edited by trippinonprozac

That’s an awesome bargain ... an RP8 for under 2000. I went through the path of trying to make my RP3 sound like a RP8, and after all the mods, it costed me around the same price as this RP8.

This will be snatched in no time. GLWS

Great table would be interesting to hear the Goldring as I’ve always used a 2m black on mine. GLWTS

Thanks guys. I believe it's a hell of a lot of turntable for the money but ultimately the market will predict that.

This is a very nice tt. I’m surprised it hasn’t sold. 

A fair bit of interest but no one has taken the plunge.

To clarify - happy to sell the TT alone and the cart separately.

As the former owner of this turntable, one thing which should be mentioned is that this turntable has a couple of upgrades. The arm has been re-wired with Cardas wire using the incognito kit, and it has the upgraded tungsten counterweight, both of which provide a noticeable improvement. I am almost tempted to buy it back myself.

2 minutes ago, rossb said:

As the former owner of this turntable, one thing which should be mentioned is that this turntable has a couple of upgrades. The arm has been re-wired with Cardas wire using the incognito kit, and it has the upgraded tungsten counterweight, both of which provide a noticeable improvement. I am almost tempted to buy it back myself.

I really should have mentioned that in the ad.

Thanks Ross.

Is this one original Ad? 

If so, has the heatshrink now been added onto one of the cartridge pins that was replaced? 

And, @TerryO looks like putting his hands up for this 2 months ago when you decide to move to be 1st in line? :) 

2 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

Is this one original Ad? 

If so, has the heatshrink now been added onto one of the cartridge pins that was replaced? 

And, @TerryO looks like putting his hands up for this 2 months ago when you decide to move to be 1st in line? :) 

It is indeed.

I just realised the price (I had 2100 in my head as what I paid).

I have now adjusted my price to match. I picked this up at a bargain so Im extending that to the next owner.

5 minutes ago, trippinonprozac said:

It is indeed.

I just realised the price (I had 2100 in my head as what I paid).

I have now adjusted my price to match. I picked this up at a bargain so Im extending that to the next owner.

If heatshrink now added, then it is faultless. WOW, the price is so damn good (Massive Bargain) and I am certain that it will be sold today.

Best luck on your sale (you won't need it though).  I guess that Terry no longer chasing this?  :)

5 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

If heatshrink now added, then it is faultless. WOW, the price is so damn good (Massive Bargain) and I am certain that it will be sold today.

Best luck on your sale (you won't need it though).  I guess that Terry no longer chasing this?  :)

I think Terry was having a bit of a dig at me for changing gear so often. Im not sure if he was actually in the market for a new deck or not?

Another couple of months Andy and I would have been in the market, I actually expected given your usual cycle of replacement that it would take you a little longer to move the RP8 on, but anyway this time round I'm bust, in the last two weeks I have purchased a PS Audio P10, a Gross Dac, a Tron SEVEN phono stage and at present after having waited several months to get the Oracle Delphi TT up here it is now finally in being assembled so I am all hified out for a little while. 

... that is unless you will let me have the RP8 on lay-by old mate? ... :winky:

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

Killer table at a bargain price! Everyone must be waiting for their tax returns? :)

I hope that is the case.

Table and cartridge are still available. Happy to throw on an Audio Technica cart at no charge.