Marantz SR vs Yamaha RX-A ?070

G'day all,

I just picked up a Yamaha A-S1100 integrated amp, its my first Yamaha product and I love it. I got this to have a dedicated analog/2ch line to accompany my digital HT line.  My set up is modest, certainly not high end but i enjoy it.  You can read more in the thread i started in the integrated amp section if you like -

Anyway, I am really pleased with the clean sound and dynamics of A-S1100 and its power!  It has made me wonder a lot more on what Yamaha AVR's are like.

I've always been a Marantz person for at least the last 20years anyway, this integrated amp is my first step outside of the Marantz house so to speak. 

My current receiver is the Marantz SR6011 and its performed flawlessly and I enjoy what it does (so does the family) but I am now seriously wondering what the Yamaha would perform like?  Particularly the RX - A3070 or 2070.  I would  be hooking this up to an Oppo 205, Foxtel, TV etc etc.  I use Kef speaker system running 5 channels for HT and maybe adding in the two additional surrounds one day soon, but for now working with what I've got, I also run two SVS subs.  Both the Yamaha models seem to have x2 sub inputs so all good their.

Their also seems to be some great prices on the 3070 and 2070 right now.  The 3070 is probably overkill and looking at the 2070 its spec wise seems identical to 3070 but with 10w less power per channel?  I could be reading this incorrectly though and there is more to it.

Has anyone got any thoughts or experiences on the " house"  sound differences between Marantz and Yamaha? I know their is a level of subjectivity about this but you never know some may have done this swap or vice versa.  I guess my main wonder is will the same clean sound and power be present in the Yamaha AVR as it is their integrated amp I just acquired OR once room equalization is in effect it settles to a similar sound signature as the Marantz for example. 

Yamaha also look to have their own version of Audyssey, mine is Multi X32, but im sure they all work the same in the end.

cheers for any throwbacks

Thank you and a fair point

I guess right now just having set up the Yamaha A-S1100 integrated amp I am pretty smitten with its clean and powerful sound and was wondering if their AVR's also have a " Yamaha" sound as opposed to the "Marantz" sound i have now.  It is not that I am unhappy with SR6011 but not really knowing or understanding if the RX A 3070or 2070 has the sound signature of their integrated amps its got me thinking.