Sign in to follow this  
hedgehog

SOLD: FS: Wyred 4 Sound SX1000 monoblocs - Absolute Sound Editors’ Choice award 6 years running

Item: Wyred 4 Sound SX1000 monoblocs
Price: $1,400
Item Condition: 8/10 (sonically perfect, a couple of fine lines on the aluminium)
Reason for selling: trying something else (2 x 30kg Exposure XVI behemoths)
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

These are the amps that really put W4S on the map. They were W4S’ flagship amp and are a significant step up from the SX500 monos.

Many favourable reviews on the www and positive comments on SNA. The Absolute Sound Editors’ Choice award for six years in a row.

Six Moons said: "D class strikes gold in overall smoothness, neutral tonal balance, low noise and resolution of low-level information. The SX-1000 monos have all that in spades - plus excellent dynamics, transient response and the ability to play loud without compression. Considering what you get for the price, these amps are a terrific value and for me, epitomize what our Realsization Award is about. Definitely one of the most impressive audio bargains around."

There has been a recent update to the SX1000R (at RRP $5,598 a pair). W4S are offering US$1,500 trade-in per pair of SX1000 for anyone trading up to the new model. That’s more than I’m asking for in AUS$. See: https://wyred4sound.com/products/power-amps/mono/sx-1000r

There are a couple of fine lines on the casework. These look worse in the photos that in the flesh. I have the original boxes and can post.

Pictures:

P1050194.jpg

P1050181.jpg

P1050191.jpg

P1050177.jpg

P1050195.jpg

P1050212.jpg