Sign in to follow this  
mackinnonrob

VAF plans for 2018 Hi Fi Show

Are there plans to demo active speakers at this year's Melbourne Hi Fi show? I am really looking forward to comparing passive and active versions especially the I66 if you are 'activating' these and any other things you have been working on.

Hi Rob, We're planning on both I-93 and I-66 speakers to be there in active form. Probably also the same in their traditional passive guise as well, but that's going to be dictated by available space.

We also will have a new entry level range released there including a compact on and in wall, bookshelf and couple of floor standers.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Simon

On 06/07/2018 at 8:42 AM, VAF said:

Hi Rob, We're planning on both I-93 and I-66 speakers to be there in active form. Probably also the same in their traditional passive guise as well, but that's going to be dictated by available space.

We also will have a new entry level range released there including a compact on and in wall, bookshelf and couple of floor standers.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Simon

A new range? Are these in the signature, DC-X or a different "level", and how do they compare?

I am looking to purchase a couple of floor standers and bookshelves... so this may influence if I should hold out.

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, dial-in said:

A new range? Are these in the signature, DC-X or a different "level", and how do they compare?

I am looking to purchase a couple of floor standers and bookshelves... so this may influence if I should hold out.

Hi Rob, DC range equivalent. Floor stander, cool little bookshelf, compact on/in wall, and an LCR on/in wall. Also a new stand mount Signature. Maybe worth giving us a call and have a chat.

8 hours ago, VAF said:

Hi Rob, DC range equivalent. [.....] Maybe worth giving us a call and have a chat.

Hah, sorry for hijacking your thread Rob!

Definitely piqued my interest.... will take you up on that for sure as I am now in the right position to put in an order for *something*.

3 hours ago, elcamry said:

go in and have a listen

Funny you say that, as I was actually in there last weekend for a listen, but obviously didn't ask the right questions - will have to drop in again! :)

All good. I am a very happy I66 customer and will check out the active versions at the show as I am curious to compare.

Good luck with your search :)

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, dial-in said:

Hah, sorry for hijacking your thread Rob!

Definitely piqued my interest.... will take you up on that for sure as I am now in the right position to put in an order for *something*.

Funny you say that, as I was actually in there last weekend for a listen, but obviously didn't ask the right questions - will have to drop in again! :)

Some of the models have been in and out of the showroom. Not a full time display yet guys. :) 

So is the new stand mount signature have the smaller 4" coaxial in a ported box, like a mini I-91?. Maybe name them the I-61 or something. Or is it just the EVO1 going into full production.

The signature range is I-33, 49, 66, 90, 91 and 93. I have the original 91's, still sounding very nice.