Sign in to follow this  
Cafad

The Next Lenehan Audio GTG

I seem to recall a mention of a GTG for the LK1 speakers, or was it the ML5s? 

Could have been the new ML1's, or possibly the Magnesium Ltds.

Whichever one it was I thought the idea deserved its own thread as I certainly can't remember where I read it.  And since these GTG's happen 2 or 3 times a year why not have an announcement thread.

So Mike, any GTG's planned for the near future? 

And what was the next one for again?

Yup!!  Your memory is Correct!!  I read something a couple of months ago!!  I’m up for it!!  No pressure!!

Perhaps I should call Mike in, I know he's busy so he may not have noticed this thread yet.

Hey Mike @Lenehan Audio I've got an announcement thread here.

Hi Jeff.        Yup there's one due all right ! What about August ? I'm thinking first or second Saturday ? 

Live got a pair of ML5's just dying to be run against a pair of the latest Quad 2912 electrostatics !  Can anyone guess the outcome ? YOU guys decide :)

I've also got some new Grandinote electronics ! A new DAC and Integrated amplifier 

I believe gentlemen the latest combination produces the BEST audio I have ever heard . 

I will announce the date in a day or two .       Cheers. Mike Lenehan

Plus Mike you have a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Integrated amp which you updated the caps on recently which Cafad needs to hear so he too can appreciate how good a couple of nice tube integrateds can sound. ... :winky:

cheers Terry

An integrated you say, well then, colour me interested.

8 hours ago, Lenehan Audio said:

I've also got some new Grandinote electronics ! A new DAC and Integrated amplifier 

I believe gentlemen the latest combination produces the BEST audio I have ever heard . 

I will announce the date in a day or two .       Cheers. Mike Lenehan

The ML5 Reference or the Magnesium's - we will see.  I prefer the Magnesium's personally despite the huge amount of tweaking I along with others was involved with in the ML5's

Yes to the Grandinote, best I have yet heard - saving hard to get some for myself.   Got some special power cables etc to drop off at Mikes to perhaps lift it a notch or two - will be taking them down in the next week or so.  

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

7 hours ago, Cafad said:

An integrated you say, well then, colour me interested.

Yes the Grandinote is also an integrated - so we will see tubes vs new generation SS. 

Thanks

Bill

1st or 2nd Saturday in August suits me. I will talk to my people!!

Very well Lads.    

4th August     First Saturday in August  !  Start at say 9am/10am or when you get there 

when you decide you will attend could you please advise ?    Cheers. Mike Lenehan

Of course I will be there.

Thanks

Bill

On 02/07/2018 at 8:57 PM, TerryO said:

Plus Mike you have a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Integrated amp which you updated the caps on recently which Cafad needs to hear so he too can appreciate how good a couple of nice tube integrateds can sound. ... :winky:

cheers Terry

I'll take that challenge, count me in too.

Edited by Cafad

4th August is good – see you there

Ok good start !  

Sparkle . Jventa . Cammyboy. Bhobba . Cafad . Kdoot . And perhaps 2/3 others so far .  :)   So maybe 9 to kick off !    Ba yutey . 

Cheers Mike 

Got room for one from Perth?

25 minutes ago, A J said:

Hi @ AJ

IMO there is always room for one more at Mike's. We can hang out outside or in the "kitchen".

Would love to meet you. 

Will see if @Darren69 and some others can be there too. 

I need to bring some stuff to be upgraded to Andy (who is very close to Mike) and I want to hear @bhobba 's Isobariks. 

Sorry guys (and girls)

I am in a pickle. @Cafad and @bhobba  and @Sparkle I have met before, but my memory fails me re the rest. 

So the rest of you better pitch up so that we can have a good GTG :).

2 hours ago, Jventer said:

and I want to hear @bhobba 's Isobariks. 

They are not isobarics - just a normal 2 way, a bit bigger than a ML1 with a 6inch Seas Magnesium Driver instead of the 5.5 inch in the ML1.   It grew out of I would have liked a ML1 Limited because I thought while the ML2 had better bass the midrange on the ML1 is a little better and the music I listen to like Peggy Lee Fever doesn't have that much bass.  Mike said fine - he can easily build it.  But a little later he rang up and said - Bill there is just a slightly bigger driver from Seas - the Seas 6 inch Magnesium  - would I like to try that.   Sure - sounds interesting - the only issue is taming the breakup of the driver.   Other crossover 'guru's' like George Short had a lot of trouble with it - he didn't like a trap because it created a double resonance with the driver.  But Mike gave it a go - it was tough - but he did it.   It is simply the fastest, detailed, most transparent speaker I have ever heard.  When I heard the first prototype, me, Mike and Rawl99 just sat there shocked - we heard stuff we have never heard before - faster than even electrostatics I have heard - speed, demon speed.  It only got better since then.  But you, and anyone else, can decide when they hear it.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

8 hours ago, Jventer said:

Hi @ AJ

IMO there is always room for one more at Mike's. We can hang out outside or in the "kitchen".

Would love to meet you. 

Will see if @Darren69 and some others can be there too. 

I need to bring some stuff to be upgraded to Andy (who is very close to Mike) and I want to hear @bhobba 's Isobariks. 

I can't make it that weekend unfortunately, much as I would like to, sorry Mike/Johannes.

14 hours ago, A J said:

Go On ya  AJ      so that makes    10 so far               Cheers Mike

Go On ya  AJ      so that makes    10 so far               Cheers Mike

I’m working on a leave pass and juggling flights - mark me down as a wanna be

Be bloody cool if I could get there - I already have the t-shirt and cap haha

8 minutes ago, A J said:

I’m working on a leave pass and juggling flights - mark me down as a wanna be

Be bloody cool if I could get there - I already have the t-shirt and cap haha

So you're not bringing the kayak then?