Sign in to follow this  
Muzza71

SOLD: FS: MAGNAT Quantum 1009S Floorstanding Loudspeakers Gloss Black RRP $9999.00

Item: Large Floorstanding speakers MAGNAT Quantum 1009S finished in a high Gloss Black
Price: Was $4000.00 now PRICE DROPPED to $3500 or swap for Integrated or power amp or a pre/power amp combo to the same value
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method:
 Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD, Can ship interstate at buyers expense however will cost around $4-500 due to size and weight
Extra Info: Beautiful large Floorstanding loudspeakers in a high gloss black furniture grade finish.

Ceramic over aluminium drivers that sound and look superb

Would be very hard to match the sound quality and scale that these produce at such a modest price

Happy to demo to interested locals

These are in excellent condition, I have scaled back down to bookshelves as these are a bit too large for my 3.2x3.7m room.

German enginered, and made in the same factory as Oehlbach cables

Oehlbach internal Cabling

52kg each
330watt RMS/620watt Max

17-75,000 Hz

94db very easy to drive

Crossover Frequencies 470Hz/3100Hz

Ceramic over aluminium woofers

7" mid and 2 x 8" woofers

275w x 1250h x 390d @ 51.4kg ea

Pictures:

Magnat 1009S a.jpg

Magnat 1009S b.jpg

Magnat 1009S D.jpg

Magnat 1009S e.jpg

These look very interesting - do you have the boxes and is there any remaining warranty? 

Hi,

Yes i have the boxes with manual, but no there is no warranty with the sale. Never needed warranty with any speakers i have owned, not sure if thats just good luck or the care i have taken with my speakers. 

Honesty i can't see warranty being of concern with these speakers unless you intend to drive them with Mcintosh 1.2kw monoblocks, after all these are 94db efficient 😁

Edited by Muzza71

Guest Arni

What are those bookshelves in first picture? Thanks

Hi @Arni,

You asked the same question when i had these advertised for $4000.00 last month.

Do you like bookshelves?  😉

5 minutes ago, Arni said:

What are those bookshelves in first picture? Thanks

As mentioned in previous thread... 😉

DIY Dayton Audio MTM-0.75  curved cabinet in cherry, Vienna Acoustic 6 1/2" drivers 4ohm in series, Morel CAT408 tweeters, Kasun us-285c crossovers

I have since upgraded the morel cat 408 tweeters to morel st728's and the 728's are sublime - not cheap though.

Guest Arni
12 hours ago, Muzza71 said:

Hi @Arni,

You asked the same question when i had these advertised for $4000.00 last month.

Do you like bookshelves?  😉

Sorry about that...yes, i am in the same situation, my music room is quite small and cannot accommodate floorstanders hence looking for some good bookshelves...i currently have the usual bookshelves , a 2-way one, was wondering about other configuration....like the one in the picture :) would love to hear how they sound :) thanks 

If you were in Perth you would be more than welcome to come over for a listen.

There is a lot of bookshelf choices in the market atm, I prefer mtm designs myself as I find they are larger than typical 2 way bookshelves but not as large as floorstanders.

Are you around this weekend for a demo?

I live south of the river I currently own Spendor A9s and wondering how the 1009s sound.

PM me you address & contact details if available & i will do the same

Yeh sure you are more than welcome to head over for a demo, I will PM you

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Phil sydney
      Item:  Jensen X7 speakers
      Price: $375
      Item Condition: good 8/10
      Reason for selling: too many speakers
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Nice pair of jensen X7
      U will be surprised as to how amazing these speakers sound for their little price. 
      they are extremely detailed and full of energy. Can run with minimum power amplifier with no issues. Happy to audition. Dont get confused between the older series..their latest X series is the best so far.

have the matching sub and center in my other ads.

Sorry no grills hence price reflects that.

any queries just pm me.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Salisbury 79
      Item: Pair of Spendor A9 speakers
      Price: $3000 - New price from memory was $8900, they are now discontinued with no direct replacement
      Item Condition: Used but in very good condition - see photos
      Reason for selling: Have moved up in the Spendor food chain and purchased D9.2's ($13,000 under the previous distributor and then initially $16,000 under the new distributor and now apparently $17,750 just over the course of this year - not happy Jan.....)
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I would describe the sound of these as being more on the tighter, quicker and more detailed side 

I don't have packing but if someone who can't pick them up is keen I can give you dimensions for you to organise Pack & Send. I can deliver them to a PAck &  Send depot near me

Here is a review from What Hi Fi

Spendor A9 review | What Hi-Fi?
      WWW.WHATHIFI.COM Best stereo speakers £3000+, Awards 2010. The A9 is another excellent Spendor speaker that couples unassuming looks with masterful performance

Photos: 

• By d_caruso
      Item: Tannoy Revolution XT6F floorstanding speakers - dark walnut
      Price: $1100 now $890 for a quick sale
      Item Condition: Unmarked and as new (but run in of course). 
      Reason for selling: upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup in PERTH (SOR) only - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer
      Extra Info: I bought these new about 3 years ago, but they’ve had very little use. They’ve been used to play vinyl at family friendly listening levels and powered (easily) by a 20ish watt SET amp. The rave reviews you’ll find by googling are all true IMO. I think this one is spot on: https://www.whathifi.com/tannoy/revolution-xt6f/review. The soundstage, accuracy and timing of the drivers are amazing, I reckon. So taken am I with the dual concentric concept I splurged on the new Tannoy Cheviots, so these are sitting unused and need to go.
      Donation to SN on sale.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By krebetman
      Item:  Lenehan MLT3 Floorstanding Loudspeakers - titanium grey colour 
      Price: $3100
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Upgrading to ML5
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info:

I know there is a backlash against using the term ‘musical’ to describe a piece of equipment and so I won’t use it.  What I will say is that since owning these speakers, I have enjoyed music more and felt I have had more insight into the performance than with any of my previous speakers.

In fact, they are a bit of a gateway drug to the Lenehan naturalness and accuracy, only being sold to help me go up his range of speakers.

Mike Lenehan’s attention to detail shows in every part of these speakers, including cabinet bracing, the lovely finish and, as you would expect, the crossover. Reportedly these are efficient enough to pair well with valve and solid-state amps alike.

These have a lovely dark gloss grey enamel finish that is maddeningly difficult to photograph with my iPhone, so if interested, I suggest you look through the other threads on Stereonet, where some better pictures have been taken of this exact pair of speakers. Photos show one very slight blemish on the side of the left speaker, which is unnoticeable under normal circumstances.

Local pickup preferred due to size & weight, but shipping can also be arranged.

• By DDZIP
      Item: Aaron ATS-4 Mk2
      Price: $450 ono
      Item Condition: Perfect no marks  looked after well
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct Credit(Bank Online)
      Extra Info:   Have the original shipping boxes
      Classic Australian Speakers 
      Go loud with little driving  superb sound

Specifications
       4 Driver, 3-Way Floorstanding Design.
      2 x 173mm Bass Drivers .Dual Laminated Cones.
      1 x 136mm Midrange Driver. Dual Laminated Cone.
      1 x 25mm Tear Drop Tweeter. Ferro-Fluid Cooled.
      Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 Watts – 120 Watts RMS.
      Frequency Response: 35Hz – 23kHz ± 3dB.
      Crossover Frequency: 800Hz/5kHz.
      Separate mid-range sub enclosure.
      Polyester Imide voice coil windings.
      Crossover Components: Non-Ageing Components.
      Impedance: 6 ohms (Nominal).
      Sensitivity: 93dB.
      Bi-Wire/Bi-Amplifier Capable: Yes.
      Synthetic Timber Veneer.
      Dimensions(WxHxD): 210 x 920 x 405mm.
      Weight: 18kg each.
      Made & Designed In Australia.

Pictures: