SOLD: Bowers & Wilkins 802 D2 Diamond Series

SOLD

Item: Bowers & Wilkins 802 D2 Diamond Series in Rose Nut
Location: Len Wallis Audio HQ, 64 Burns Bay Road Lane Cove, NSW 2066
Price: $12000
Item Condition: Excellent Secondhand Condition.
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, Credit cards, Bank Transfer

Delivery: As always we can arrange deliver for anywhere in Australia, the cost to do so is an extra charge that we will quote on based on your location and the size of the item.
Extra Info: These just traded 802 D2's finished in Rosenut are in simply excellent condition. These Speakers where sold by us as brand new 2013 and have a one owner history with their accessories kit intact.
Full Description: Three-way, floor-standing, reflex-loaded loudspeaker. Drive-units: 1" diamond-dome tweeter, 6" Kevlar FST-cone midrange unit, two 8" Rohacell-cone woofers. Crossover frequencies: 350Hz, 4kHz. Frequency response: 34Hz–28kHz, ±3dB, on axis (–6dB at 27Hz and 33kHz). Dispersion within 2dB of reference response: ±60° horizontal, ±10° vertical. Impedance: 8 ohms nominal, 3.5 ohms minimum. Sensitivity: 90dB/2.83V/m. Harmonic distortion (second and third harmonics, 90dB/m): <1% (40Hz–100kHz), <0.5% (70Hz–100kHz).
Recommended amplification: 50–500W.
Dimensions: 1138mm High by 363mm Wide by 565mm Deep.

Weight, each: 80kg (unpacked) 
Finish: Rosenut-veneer with leather accents, woofer enclosure, lacquered Marlan (synthetic mineral-filled resin) mid and HF enclosures.\
Pictures:

SN_B&W_802_D2_June_2018_1.jpg

SN_B&W_802_D2_June_2018_2.jpg

SN_B&W_802_D2_June_2018_3.jpg

SN_B&W_802_D2_June_2018_4.jpg

SN_B&W_802_D2_June_2018_5.jpg

SN_B&W_802_D2_June_2018_6.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cyberkank said:

I wonder how will these compare to the focal alto utopia be.

if helps any, I have the utopia Divas and a the time I was tossing up between them and the 802Ds, in my demoing I found them quite comparable. there was something about the sound of the focals I loved but if I had settled on the 802Ds I wouldnt have felt robbed. they are great speakers. well worthy of their fame and accolades :)

57 minutes ago, cyberkank said:

I wonder how will these compare to the focal alto utopia be.

I did hear them versus 800Di's at Len's once and very much liked the mids and treble, but the bass was a bit soft and not as well defined as it was with the B&W's.  Bear in mind that was vs 800Di's, not 802Di's. 

Also, maybe Len's room at play but the B&W's produced a much better defined sound stage. 

Fwiw, all the love seems to be with the 802D3 these days, but you can get the 802Di's sounding very similar if you spend some time getting them in the optimum position and with rake and toe-in optimised. The centre axes should cross just behind the listening position, and a bit of forward rake is needed if your ear height isn't on or just below tweeter axis. Fwiw, I have 800Di's and they sound fantastic with a big amp, and same applies to the 802Di's. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I did hear them versus 800Di's at Len's once and very much liked the mids and treble, but the bass was a bit soft and not as well defined as it was with the B&W's.  Bear in mind that was vs 800Di's, not 802Di's. 

Also, maybe Len's room at play but the B&W's produced a much better defined sound stage. 

Fwiw, all the love seems to be with the 802D3 these days, but you can get the 802Di's sounding very similar if you spend some time getting them in the optimum position and with rake and toe-in optimised. The centre axes should cross just behind the listening position, and a bit of forward rake is needed if your ear height isn't on or just below tweeter axis. Fwiw, I have 800Di's and they sound fantastic with a big amp, and same applies to the 802Di's. 

Agree with the comment on the Alto soft bass. I'm not a B&W fanboy but I do like these.