Pioneer VSX-LX52 /LX72

Like rudra I have the SC LX-82.

IMO it is one of the easiest to set up receivers I've ever had so I assume the LX-52/LX-72 are the same.

The Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration (MCACC) setup is awesome and when checked afterwards with a tape measure for speaker distances and a sound meter it's also very accurate. The LX-82 model can still be picked up for $2,000 so it's well worth some consideration.

Edited by Redone

I have the LX60 - which has since been discontinued from the available range.

Very easy to setup. The auto calibration with included microphone is so simple. Just hold the mic at your listening position and then press go - a minute later - it's sorted.

However, fine tuning is a little complicated - like all other AV amps - there seems to be hundreds of settings and multiple levels of navigation.

I found that increasing the volumne of the center stage offered me a better listening experience.

The remote I have - AXD7500 - it's hard to use - confusing and too many functions. No glow in the dark as well. Denon remote was better.

Sound quality - yeah - it's decent. I use the bi-amp feature since I don't have 7.1 - only 5.1 speakers. I used bi-wire for a long time with my setup, and then realised bi-amp is the way to go. Huge difference. I use the Extended Stereo advance sound feature when some files only support stereo - and I really enjoy the surround feeling the amp delivers. While listening to Chris Boti Live in Boston - from CD and DVD and flac from PC - flac version from PC in extended stereo sounds better than the DVD dolby digital version. So I was impressed by the difference. PC sound card is a Onkyo SE150.

Have had no regrets from the purchase. Looks great in gloss black. And built in features are great.

I would reccomend.

Ken,

I don't use the amp section of the LX 82. So I cannot comment on how the amp section of the LX72 sounds considering that they both share the same B & O ice amp modules. The LX is a ice powered amp whereas the LX60 is a class AB. Sound wise the LX 82/LX 72 can go toe to toe with some of the more expenseive AVR's. The setup is easy(I am biased, since this is my 3rd Pio AVR). If you use Kuro link for PQLS you loose the ability to re-assign the Video Inputs. Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration (MCACC) does not equalise the sub

Thanks for the replies.

I have a fairly good 2 channel system and that is my main system.

I am no longer into Home Theatre in a big way, so I am now split between a Dennon AVR 2311 and a Pioneer LX52 fo the Family Room.

At the price available new I am leaning towards the LX52.

Ken