Sign in to follow this  
Saxon Hall

SOLD: Henselite Junior Biased Carpet Bowls (Vic)

Posted (edited)

Item: As above

Price: $45 plus $18 if you require delivery within Australia

Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal and Bank Transfer if delivery is required
Extra Info: A nice vintage set of Carpet Bowls in excellent condition. The box is in good condition considering it is a 50 year old cardboard box. Local Pick Up preferred however if delivery is required careful packaging will maximise the chance of the package arriving safely

6b9aea3323a68ac62f1a8522b5f7ab51.jpg35eecffe329cef67806772dd699e43fe.jpg4afb11422d1b7a1da336b6b978f5986d.jpg47507994903203350d7ebca9d7e20869.jpg1593b1b0a72ecd7817a69ff27de35c6e.jpg

Edited by Saxon Hall

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fillip
      Hi all,

I bought an old amplifier at a house auction this week and ended up with two giant speakers to boot (I thought it was a table the amp was on and a separate lot)

There seems to be a few unconnected wires and some bits I don't know if they are part of the speakers or not.

Do any of you have any advice as to what needs to be connected to what , are these things even worth looking at (are they better off being used as firewood)

All comments welcome.

Cheers

Phil 

• By RTR001
      Item: RTR 280DRs
      Price: 1200
      Item Condition: 7/10 - awesome for their age
      Reason for selling: Dad has upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Hi all, I’m selling these beautiful and rare old RTR 280DRs on behalf of my Dad (not to be confused with the cheap RTRs after BIC bought the company in the 80’s). Matching serial numbers 3838 and 3839. The story goes that as an 18 year old, dad had a choice to make – a new car or a stereo system. Needless to say that he choose correctly and they’ve been in the family since new in 1977. It’s actually quite a sad day for both of us really as these were my first introduction to the glorious world of hifi as well – in fact the couple of dinted dust caps were at my own hands as a 5 year old – apologies!

Anyway, here they are in all their Teak clad glory (real Teak, not plastic veneer). They pack in 10 drivers per tower. 5 paper mids/tweeters, a front facing piezo horn, 3 front/side facing 10” woofers and a downward firing 10” woofer. I’ve checked all drivers and they are in good working order.

The rear of the crossovers have pots for treble and mid range as well as an protection override reset button. One speaker will on occasion cut out but a reset is all it needs. The switch probably just needs a clean. The cloth grills look loose in the photos, that’s just due to the screws being removed for me to take photos of the drivers.

The crossovers have recently been recapped with Jantzen MKTs from Speakerbug.com.au. Dad reckons they now sound exactly like he remembered back in 77’ as they had lost a lot of sparkle and bottom end prior to the recap.

Sensitivity wise, I can’t find the original specs but they’re clearly pretty sensitive when compared to my -89dB Martin Logans. Easily over 91-92dB.

They’re not in perfect condition being 41 years old but overall present very well. There has been some loose veneer over the years which has been reglued. One tower has a chip to the bottom rear corner. I’ve tried to show all of this in the photos. A few of the tiny dust caps on the paper tweeters have been pushed in but they’re such shallow caps, I hardly noticed until dad pointed them out.

I’m not sure what else to say about these but please feel free to ask questions. Dad is asking $1200 for them and I realise that’s on the higher end but given their rarity here is Australia it’s probably a fair price

Pictures:

• By Saxon Hall
      Item   As Above
      Location   Epping Vic
      Price   $20
      Item Condition   Banged Up, Well Used but nice to have for a collector of Vintage Bike Gear
      Reason For Selling   Dont own a bike
      Payment Method   Cash on Pick Up, or Bank Transfer/PayPal if delivery is required
      Extra Info.  This is an old bike pump. It works but is a bit stiff and sticky when pumping in and out ( is that rude?)
      It has a few dents and scratches. ( Please have a good look at the photos)
      It has the hose fitting which is in good condition.
      It is made out of anodized aluminium alloy. I believe the design dates back to the 1970,s
      If you want it delivered it will cost $8.50 for Standard AusPost Parcel Delivery
      Photos
      ITEM

• By Saxon Hall
      Item As per Title
      Location Epping Vic
      Price $25  (and Add $8.50 Standard Delivery or $11.50 Express Delivery to Anywhere in Australia via AusPost)
      Item Condition Excellent, no chips or scratches
      Reason for Selling Don't smoke
      Payment Method. Cash on Pick Up, Paypal or Bank Transfer for Delivery
      Extra Info. A very nice ashtray for anyone who is an airline buff or collects vintage airline memorabilia. It dates from the 1950's as the ashtray portrays a propeller driven plane. The maker is Copeland Spode of England and it is made of porcelain. It is approx 150mm Dia and 50mm High.
      The item will be shipped in a sturdy box with plenty of packing if delivery is required. Pick Up can also be arranged for local buyers.

• By henning
      Item: Audio Technica 7018 'hybrid heat proof ceramics' speaker cable
      Price: Donation to SNA 
      Item Condition:reasonable
      Reason for selling:NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only postage at cost
      Extra Info:
       a 2.4 m pair of audio technica speaker cables. I can find no info, but is a decent gauge, with soft jacket and several layer of insulation. Not sure how i acquired it, but it works and is easy to handle. Will post. 
      Pictures: