Curved edge on a motorised screen...can it be cured?

I've got a pretty cheap screen that has a curved edge on the left hand side when its dropped down.

Is this terminal or can it be fixed in some fashion?

I have updated my PJ and I can now use the full size of the screen which puts the image in the offending area. With my old PJ it wasnt a worry as it had a smaller picture.

Any advice appreciated

could be a draw back of the "pretty cheap screen"

most screens are pretty stiff. so any  curve tends to be slight and outside into the masking area so non event.

not sure theres a cure really DV. what screen is this ?  

you can spend 1k-2k+ on screens easily from pretty reasonable upwards... am not one to suggest scrimping too much on screens. literally where image comes to light the canvas... and worth spending a little bit on them :) maybe worth considering an upgrade ? 

• 2 weeks later...

You could try and anchor the bottom bar down, ie pull it down tighter somehow, those elastic straps, but you'd need something below it to tie it to.. Seems extreme though.. Or add some weight to the bottom bar to pull it tighter.. I assume it's visible when viewing movies?

@oztheatre I've kinda resolved myself to getting a better screen. I've got to the point where I realise I bought someone else's issues. it was fine until I got a PJ that could out perform the screen. 

As I'm kinda new to the home theatre thing, its not really all that much of an issue as the new PJ is really where I wanted to be. Its still got a wow factor that the family cant see past. They still have a shock and awe factor with this huge image on the screen.

At this point they only complain that they cant watch Captain Underpants every afternoon when they get home. Its only the very extreme edges that conflict with my movies. I seem to be too busy atm to enjoy them