Panasonic OLED TV TH-55FZ1000U?

15 hours ago, pc9 said:

Look for a 2017 model - at the end of the day, they all use LG panels and any differences are largely due to video processing etc. 

Thanks, I didn't know that. This model comes with a built-in soundbar, so I wouldn't have to clutter up the place with a stand alone soundbar. It is expensive though.

Edited by Alex58

at the end of the day Panasonic is a name brand probably worth the purchase. Just be vigilant utilising the manufacturers and statutory warranties if you have any defect issues. I wouldn't touch Panasonic LCDs though.  Edge lot IPS panels with poor contrast and HDR performance.

• Like 1

My understanding is that the 2018 models aren't released until next month.

As the owner of a EZ950 (2017 1000 without the soundbar and absolute black filter), I am very impressed.

If you go for an EZ, checkout and apply the recommended calibration settings, which are published on a couple of sites on the web. These, in my (and various others) opinion, are better than the out of the box settings. Also make sure you apply the latest 290b? firmware.  This firmware has to be downloaded and tidies up some minor motion issues.

• Like 2

Correct, 2018 Panasonic OLEDs hit stores in July.

There have been early reviews of the Euro/US models and they are glowing. Sony-beating motion handling and excellent overall picture quality. Even much-improved reflection handling, which the 2017 Panas did very poorly at (at least, the EZ950 was terrible).

It all comes down to budget, you can get an LG B7 55" for $1951 right now (15% off TVs sale).

Or wait until November when 2018 models will have their first BIG discount cycle. There's typically a smaller discount cycle around late August, then Nov, boxing day, late Feb and then clearance pricing around April.

• Like 4

I've viewed MCB's EZ950 and was stunned at just how the picture 'popped'.  It's an amazing picture.  I've also been looking at the Samsung QLED and LG OLED TVs but I'm waiting to see the new Panasonic OLED, and may wait until the end of the year for the discount TV sales, if I can wait that long!  :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter_F said:

sI've viewed MCB's EZ950 and was stunned at just how the picture 'popped'.  It's an amazing picture.  I've also been looking at the Samsung QLED and LG OLED TVs but I'm waiting to see the new Panasonic OLED, and may wait until the end of the year for the discount TV sales, if I can wait that long!  :( 

Yeah, that's the trouble. My old set is rapidly dying, so I doubt I'll be able to wait until the sales later in the year. That Panasonic certainly looks the goods, but I'd like to view it before putting down my hard-earned.

• Like 1

My son  has a 65" Panasonic EZ950 and it has the best picture I have seen on any TV display to date. it has less motion artefacts  and deeper blacks  than the other OLED's I have viewed.  It is the first non-plasma TV  I would actually consider owning.

Edited by Tasso
  • Like 2

On 24/06/2018 at 10:02 PM, ~Spyne~ said:

you can get an LG B7 55" for $1951 right now (15% off TVs sale).

Where is that price from?

9 hours ago, Luc said:

Where is that price from?

JB HiFi. Ticket price of $2296, less current 15% off TVs sale.

Very few left in stores though, being a clearance 2017 model.

Edited by ~Spyne~
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2018 at 9:43 PM, Tasso said:

My son  has a 65" Panasonic EZ950 and it has the best picture I have seen on any TV display to date. it has less motion artefacts  and deeper blacks  than the other OLED's I have viewed.  It is the first non-plasma TV  I would actually consider owning.

Sounds like my kinda screen.

I'm still running my two plasma's - both Panasonic screens - 50" is 2006 vintage and 65" is 2011 vintage  ?

Been holding off upgrading, but might now bite the bullet with one of these...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, david j said:

Anyone think the LG B7 oled superseaded model   IS a good buy if I can get the right price

Found one at 2.5k.. to expensive I think 

Or can I do better for a 55inch 

David 

I have an LG C7 and am very happy with it. The B7 was being sold quite frequently for less than 2k on runout. I would have thought for 2.5k you would be better off spending an extra 500 and getting the latest C8 or Panasonic FZ950 which seem to be the street prices. A B7 at less than 2k is a pretty good buy though.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 9/7/18 at 10:11 PM, diesel said:

Sounds like my kinda screen.

I'm still running my two plasma's - both Panasonic screens - 50" is 2006 vintage and 65" is 2011 vintage  ?

Been holding off upgrading, but might now bite the bullet with one of these...

Ended up buying the 55” OLED

Great screen, love the blacks and power consumption was like $200 less after we got rid of the 2006 plasma…!