Sim2 CX3 Lite - Not Working - Free to a good home

Item:             Sim2 Cx3 Lite 3-chip Projector 
Price:           FREE 
Item Condition:     Not working 
Reason for selling:    Replacing after a long useful life 
Payment Method:      N/a 
Extra Info:     

Hi,

After a long useful life I am replacing my old Sim2 Cx3 3-chip DLP projector.   The fan was playing up for a long while and ultimately ceased to function.   I did look around to see if there was anyone around to repair it but Sim2 have moved their distributor so many times no-one really wants to touch these old projectors.   One guy, who was the Sim2 service guy at one point, had a look at it.   He seemed to think it could be more than just the fan but he didn't want to try fix it - and apparently parts are a pain to get out of Sim2 in Italy.   

So that's full disclosure.  If I don't get any takers, I am taking it down the road to the electronic recyclers, but I thought I would at least post it on here in case anyone wants it for parts or to have a go fixing it.   If you are not in Melbourne, I am happy to ship it, but I am not paying for shipping as its not going to cost me anything to recycle.   

Pictures:

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/projectors/sim2-c3x-lite-123982/review

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dreamz
      Item: Sony VPL-HW40ES 1080p 3D SXRD Home Theater/Gaming Projector
      Price: $1850 RRP $3699, All reasonable offers considered. 
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup/Post - Cash, Bank transfer, Paypal
      Extra Info: Excellent condition, not a single mark on the projector, remote, sony 3d emitter, 2 x sony 3d glasses etc. Can be shipped australia wide, Happy to demo. 
      https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/sony-vpl-hw40es-projector.html
      Pictures:

• By bsaac
      Item: BENQ W7500
      Price: $800
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Selling HT gear due to lack of use
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I've had this projector for a few years and have found that I'd don't really use my HT room that much anymore so I"ve decided to sell it all and use the room for something else

As you can see from the picture it only has 399 hours on the globe which from memory is meant to last up to 3000 hours

Apologies to all the neat people for the horrible cable management in the picture..

If you are interested in a 120 inch screen as well you can have it for an extra $50

Pictures:

• By BMC HiFi
      Item: SIM2 SuperCube Projector
      Price: $3,750 with RRP of $8,300
      Item Condition: Shop display model in "as new" condition with less than 10hrs lamp use. Full Warranty, Box, Remote, Complete
      Reason for selling: New models in the wings
      Extra Info: 
      Form and function is something of a SIM2 specialty — it separates SIM2 products from the rest.

SIM2 has always been known for pushing the limits of design to perfect the balance between form and function and the SuperCube is the perfect expression of this art. Combining a stunning glass cabinet with a projection engine powerful enough to handle the largest screen, the SuperCube is the ideal home cinema projector. The SuperCube is built around sophisticated video processing electronics that ensure all video sources look their best. With an RGB color wheel and improved colorimetry and color saturation delivered by SuperCube and a new 270W lamp takes the light output to 3,000 lumens.

The typical application for a SuperCube is the small/medium home theatre and family room.

DLP® is the picture technology of choice for the SuperCube. It utilizes a Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixel resolution) chipset from Texas Instruments that, combined with top-notch processing, enables the projector to deliver crisp, smooth and clear images.
      And, thanks to SIM2 3D technology, SuperCube has the ability to convey the extended depth of 3D images that totally involve the viewer in the movie experience

Made-in-Italy elegance: The SuperCube features a typically stylish ‘made-in-Italy’ design: a distinctive, contemporary cabinet enriched by a luxurious crystal finish by designer Giorgio Revoldini.

Pictures:

• By BMC HiFi
      Item: Sim2 NERO 3 DLP Projector
      Price: $11,995
      Item Condition: NEW Shop display model in "as new" condition with less than 100hrs lamp use
      Reason for selling: We need to say goodbye to this special projector to make room for new models
      Extra Info:
      This SIM2 punches above its weight. This projector will give most 4K models a run for their money with its high-quality picture. The Nero 3 will enhance your home entertainment experience with images that are bright, sharp and beautifully realistic. It's made in Italy and as such has European tuning, ie natural yet vivid color, smooth movement and motion. You simply forget the technology and become engrossed in the picture quality and enjoy every moment that you are watching it. You are welcome to see it working. The unit is sold as new and with full 2 year warranty. This is a $20K projector and at $11,995 is a genuine bargain for the right buyer.

LED is the source of illumination with 1-chip DLP image technology. This combination ensures that images are bright, sharp and very realistic. Full 1080p resolution that rivals cheaper 4K projectors images.
      With a specification list that reads: 1,400 lumens of light output (the equivalent of 2,000 lumens on lamp-based projectors), a 30,000:1 contrast ratio and a color gamut 135% that of the NTSC TV standard, this is an impressive projector. The typical application for the Nero 3 is medium/large home theatres and family rooms with moderate ambient light.

INSTALLATION
      Lens Throw ratio NERO 3 1.51-2.88:1 (+/-5%) Lens shift V +/-60% / H +/-10% Digital keystone adjustment Vertical and Horizontal Picture size (inches diagonal) 65-200 Aspect ratio 4:3, 16:9 Anamorphic, LetterBox, panoramic, pixel to pixel + 3 custom-user adjustments  

Pictures: