Ivanhoe

Item:             Sim2 Cx3 Lite 3-chip Projector 
Price:           FREE 
Item Condition:     Not working 
Reason for selling:    Replacing after a long useful life 
Payment Method:      N/a 
Extra Info:     

Hi,

After a long useful life I am replacing my old Sim2 Cx3 3-chip DLP projector.   The fan was playing up for a long while and ultimately ceased to function.   I did look around to see if there was anyone around to repair it but Sim2 have moved their distributor so many times no-one really wants to touch these old projectors.   One guy, who was the Sim2 service guy at one point, had a look at it.   He seemed to think it could be more than just the fan but he didn't want to try fix it - and apparently parts are a pain to get out of Sim2 in Italy.   

So that's full disclosure.  If I don't get any takers, I am taking it down the road to the electronic recyclers, but I thought I would at least post it on here in case anyone wants it for parts or to have a go fixing it.   If you are not in Melbourne, I am happy to ship it, but I am not paying for shipping as its not going to cost me anything to recycle.   

Pictures:

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/projectors/sim2-c3x-lite-123982/review

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is.   Only because I have been too lazy to take it to the recycling centre yet.... 

It is in Melbourne, so its a question of whether its worth the shipping cost to Perth?  Happy to ship it if you think its worthwhile.  

(apologies for the slow response - for some reason the forum alert went into my spam folder...) 

• 1 month later...