Speaker recommendation - bookshelf/standmounter $2000

Hi chaps, I am currently upgrading (!) would like to hear any recommendations for a bookshelf/standmount bi-wired pair up to $2000 ???

Most important characteristic being maximum bass reproduction.

Thankyou in advance for your thoughts!

9 minutes ago, DaveJY said:

Subwoofer maybe, is this for music or home theatre use or both??

12 minutes ago, DaveJY said:

Hi chaps, I am currently upgrading (!) would like to hear any recommendations for a bookshelf/standmount bi-wired pair up to $2000 ???

Standmount and maximum bass extension usually do not go together although a better speaker will give you better quality bass.

Are you seeking quality or quantity?

Standmount and maximum bass extension usually do not go together although a better speaker will give you better quality bass.

Are you seeking quality or quantity?

Yes I agree I have no room for floor standers (I have ISO Acoustic stands on my desk) -  Quantity is what I seek :)

I'm also thinking integration of a subwoofer into nice bookshelves is a good plan if bass is important. You may have more scope to tune the base to your room. I guess it depends on your room size if you can do that within your budget.

• Like 1

I was looking for some nice bookshelves a few months back and was linked to these which I think look pretty nice and they offer a free money back home trial.
https://www.buchardtaudio.com/shop-1/s400-white-pair-pre-order-discount-bbpwd-efmb2-2hpdh-dzsk6
In the end I decided to stay with my existing bookshelves and integrating a subwoofer and I'm happy with that set up now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lenehan ML1 Ref,

These are a bargain.

These aren't biwired and unless you are after biwired because of your cable you won't miss anything by having one contact point.

Edited by PKay
  • Like 1

Jamo c103 - big bookshelves - 7" cone, they seem to go as low as a cheaper 8" Tannoy sub that is also in the system I listened to them on. RRP something like $2800 but there are some deals going at the moment.

I have PMC Db1i, these have pretty good bass response for their size (I think owing to the transmission line design). Can be fussier to place in a confined space though.

Edited by Andre28
  • Thanks 1

The Lenehan ML1 Refs in the classifieds.

I heard a pair a few years ago and still want them. I'm using Revel M22s which are also excellent, but as not excellent as the ML1 Ref in my opinion. However, a pair of Revels sold here recently for $950 i believe, which was a steal for somebody. Dynaudio Focus 160s also have a good reputation.

• Thanks 1

On 21/06/2018 at 2:46 PM, DaveJY said:

I’ll chime in with my usual suggestion of Legend Kurre 9’s. On the website I noticed they’ve had a price reduction to 1990.00 and they are extraordinary value. And plenty of velvety bass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1