Dual Sub Woofer Question - Blending?

Soon I will have 3 Subs.

SVS PB-1000

Yamaha NS-SW500

Paradigm PDR 100

2 Subs will be for my Home theatre, and one for my PC audio setup.

I am undecided what to put on which, obviously the SVS on the home theatre, but what to pair with it?

I have a Denon X3400H, so Audyssey XT32, so each Sub can be individually tuned somewhat.

The Paradigm can go as low as 29 Hz +/- 3dB, the Yamaha does 20 Hz +/- 3dB. But the Paradigm is sharper. It hits hard, but does not rumble for ages, where as the Yamaha hits harder but rumbles way longer and at times can sound to Rumbly, even in Music mode.

Now, do I pair the Yamaha or Paradigm with the SVS? Which two will compliment one another better? My head says the Yamaha because it is closer to the specifications of the SVS..

Edited by Eastley83

The purpose of dual subs is to even out the bass in the room.  It is not that critical which sub you select for movies but tighter bass is better for music.  What is more important is positioning the subs and measuring the impact.  Some ideas here:

Firstly, thanks for the reply.

I understand what you are saying, but I guess I am asking, what two out of the 3 subs would you run together?

I am yet to receive the SVS, it is on it's way, but from my research, it would be tighter than the Yamaha too..

Thanks. 

Sort of wanted the paradigm and svs as.they are both black etc. Lol.

Just thought because the Yamaha goes deeper it would.be better, but I also like the tighter bass generally. Will put Yamaha on the PC in music mode.

Could have room for.both subs at the front but once again, research shows to put one behind, or in my case due to room layout. Beside the couch. Facing into the room on the left side. Svs up from on the right side, so one at back, one at from, both facing into the room but on different sides of room.

If pairing, go with the sub that is closest to the SVS in frequency response and power. Having said that, I would try the SVS by itself first and expirement from there.

Multiple subs can help with consistency across listening positions, but if you're only worried about your seat, a single sub is easier to integrate, particularly without measurement equipment.