Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

PIONEER FILLS THE OPPO 4K UHD BLU-RAY VOID

2 minutes ago, :) al said:

what is local cd/sacd 2ch pioneer player, id suggest expect atleast the same :)

https://www.stereophonic.com.au/pioneer-pd-70ae-super-audio-cd-player/

I was not in the market for a 205, but it looks like a lot of people are really kicking themselves for not buying one.

At the possible prices it may be a better alternative to go for separates. 

20 minutes ago, Jventer said:

I was not in the market for a 205, but it looks like a lot of people are really kicking themselves for not buying one.

At the possible prices it may be a better alternative to go for separates. 

205 is listed at some STOOPID prices these days on ebay I see....

can see why there was all the empty space under the bonnet of the lx500,

its what the lx800 brings...

https://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/bdp/udp/udp-lx800/

check out the under hood,

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fjp.pioneer-audiovisual.com%2Fbdp%2Fudp%2Fudp-lx800%2F&edit-text=&act=url

chassis_img01.jpg

chassis_img02.jpg

chassis_img03.jpg

and as people have wondered indeed it does include XLR outputs, (pin 2 hot as well)

products02_zoom.jpg

front panel,

products01_zoom.jpg

and the remote,

products03_zoom.jpg

definitely looks like a class machine.

have seen a note it may not be offered for sale in the us, if they are not bringing it to au either that would be silly in my opinion given the interest the oppo 205 has had and having looked deeply under hood of the 205 this looks significantly strides ahead in build and fit and finish that can see ! really making some efforts !  

Maybe we could lobby for it to be sold here...

Solid platform for mods too. Joe Rasmussen could have some fun with it.

3 hours ago, Raffinator said:

Maybe we could lobby for it to be sold here...

Solid platform for mods too. Joe Rasmussen could have some fun with it.

what hifi have been very good to share more on what looks like will be quite player ! 

https://www.whathifi.com/news/pioneer-introduces-pound2200-udp-lx800-4k-blu-ray-player

"Pioneer has today announced its flagship UDP-LX800 4K player, which will follow its sibling in October for a wallet-busting £2200.

As you'd hope for the asking price, Pioneer has worked even harder on the UDP-X800’s construction to maximise its structural integrity and limit vibrations, with everything from the 4.6mm thick, double-layer steel and steel-sheet chassis to the Blu-ray drive that’s housed in a rigid, anti-vibration paint-coated case.

Pioneer has also inserted a rigid frame structure inside the player to contain each of the three ‘blocks’ that separate and segregate the power supply, processing and analogue audio sections to reduce electromagnetic interference between them.

The upshot: a 13.8kg weight (the UDP-LX500 weighs 10.3kg)."

wallet busting is an understatement but expected it given what the cd/sacd player costs that they also sell. that it adds some 3.5kg yeah 3.5kg can you believe it over the lx500 shows how much more you are getting,

"The UDP-LX800 negates ventilation holes in the top and side panels to limit noise leakage from the transport mechanism, and its spring-damped tray aims to isolate the disc. "

good to hear on this, I personally dont like the holes oppo has up top. would have preferred a cleaner chassis.

"The newest 4K spinner expands the feature list to SACD playback, too. The analogue audio section of the UDP-LX800 is directly derived from Pioneer’s flagship PD-70AE SACD/CD player, employing the same circuit layout and pair of 32-bit, 8-channel Parallel Drive ESS Sabre DACs. "

good to see its derived off the flagship cd/sacd player and employing same circuit layout and paired dacs,

"Additionally, a ‘Transport Function’ cuts the power to the analogue audio transformer circuit when connecting with HDMI, with only digital circuitry being fed power, while a ‘Direct Function’ turns off the digital audio and video circuits for enhanced music playback."

interesting approach this is a step ahead of the oppo that seems to have all its circuits on regardless !

I want!

I was seriously looking at the PD-70AE but this gives a one-box solution for people like me that have 2-ch and HT in the same space.

Especially as I missed out on an Oppo 205.

this thing is a beast ! 

https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/find_by_category/docs/UDP-LX800_CMQ%40180919_HR.pdf

@Marc any news if we will get this here, looks like not going to the us. looks like going to the UK  but would be heck of a pity if doesnt come here ! 

6 minutes ago, Raffinator said:

Hey Al, maybe a UK group buy :emoji6.png

might have to :D if there is a non interest from the local retailers here  :)

uk spec machine will be exactly same for local market so do hope it comes, other wise yeah I can see people just getting it from overseas.

I cant believe the effort pioneer have gone to with this machine, the lx88 I think was quite something, but this really seems to be going all out ! 

2 hours ago, :) al said:

this thing is a beast ! 

https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/find_by_category/docs/UDP-LX800_CMQ%40180919_HR.pdf

@Marc any news if we will get this here, looks like not going to the us. looks like going to the UK  but would be heck of a pity if doesnt come here ! 

I've asked the question. My gut tells me we won't see it here :(

I hope to be wrong.

There's even only officially one single unit of the LX500 in AU right now (which we're reviewing) ...

I was worried but yes they've included the anti vibration paint :frantics: 

The f-hole-shaped embossing also helps to suppress standing-waves within the case

Nice way of putting it . Seriously you can see where the money goes . Will be curious how the individual sdr/hdr parameter presets handle differing authoring :)

I see there are no 5.1/7.1 analog audio outputs, so no on board surround decoding.

15 minutes ago, emesbee said:

I see there are no 5.1/7.1 analog audio outputs, so no on board surround decoding.

oh no. I imagine there will be onboard decoding with 2ch down mix as players always have.  but they have eschewed the multi channel outs which lets face it were really only there in the old days for those with legacy processors that couldnt handle hdmi. we have for about 10 years had processors that can handle the multichannel HD audio formats. so need for multi channel outs no longer a bigee.

its not like any player can decode atmos and 3D audio formats in any case so need for it is no longer so pressing :)

in some ways am glad they have left those out to concentrate efforts on dacs and 2ch side instead :) 

Just means I would have to replace my pre-hdmi Marantz AVR if I bought one of these!