Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

PIONEER FILLS THE OPPO 4K UHD BLU-RAY VOID

Nice find @cwt

I'll hang back for official info before I update the article though, to be sure.

40 minutes ago, cwt said:

Came across some intriguing tidbits :) That's the 2nd independent site that says its a true universal Al :phone: NDA;s may have been broken Marc ??  

hope so. they are calling it a UDP ie universal disc player... I hope that is indeed universal... but unless they have a model with XLRs I doubt those with their 205s be too keen to give them up just yet :D 

ps I'll merge this thread with the original one we had going already :)

30 minutes ago, :) al said:

hope so. they are calling it a UDP ie universal disc player... I hope that is indeed universal... but unless they have a model with XLRs I doubt those with their 205s be too keen to give them up just yet :D 

ps I'll merge this thread with the original one we had going already :)

Hmm; have pioneer ever used ESS sabre dacs ? Maybe with previous fave Wolfsohn having been swallowed whole by CirrusLogic the chances are good for some smooth TI/Burr browns :whistle: We need to see the analog stages in any case  and indeed oppo has had several models improving each time :aww:

We have it guys, from our friends at avs, someone took a close up of the unit there are the sacd and dvda logos 

pioneer is indeed filling the oppo void...now all is needed is the suggested lx700? all out XLR model to take up where the oppo 205 leaves off ...

9_DE1_BE25-586_C-4_ABC-_A34_A-_BE299_BD5

We have it guys, from our friends at avs, someone took a close up of the unit there are the sacd and dvda logos 

pioneer is indeed filling the oppo void...now all is needed is the suggested lx700? all out XLR model to take up where the oppo 205 leaves off ...

9_DE1_BE25-586_C-4_ABC-_A34_A-_BE299_BD5_DE04.jpg&key=a33cb02d2f00013cdfb5acb2cb9e993c98e0490eeddf06ca177c1c9025ad4ed5

If only they took a photo of the back...

38 minutes ago, Raffinator said:

If only they took a photo of the back...

scroll up... scroll up...

we do have some from further up in the thread :)

not a full shot mind, just what sneaky cam shot they could get i guess with something hooked up and on display :)

37 minutes ago, Raffinator said:

No XLR emoji22.png

rumoured possibly still to come... with the 2nd moon rising...

lets see

...it could also be a model down...

though all previous flagship pio universals have had XLRs.

well launching in us at cedia october, $999

as posted by robert from value electronics in the us,

https://www.valueelectronics.com/Pioneer_UDP-LX500.html

hope they make it our way, including hopefully an upper model with XLRs to compete with/replace the oppo 205...

7 hours ago, :) al said:

well launching in us at cedia october, $999

an upper model with XLRs to compete with/replace the oppo 205...

Intriguing Al ; seems to make a good effort to eradicate noise from the digital signal with the grounding scheme sounding something similar like a xlr balanced circuit  would implement … Zero signal terminal ; whats that ? Matching AVR with an input for it possibly ? Yes likely unbalanced rcas for this model ; got to leave something for the flagship :blush:

Terminals:
› HDMI 2 Out › Digital Audio Out (1 Coaxial, 1Optical) › USB 2 In (1 Front, 1 Rear)› Ethernet› RS-232C› Analog Audio Out
› Zero Signal Terminal

Zero Signalreference terminal for ultimate video / audio signal the reference level (Ground) of the player and AVR video and audio signals are aligned greatly helping eliminate ground- related noise.  As a result the signal transmission becomes more accurate improving the quality of both video and audio.

Some internal pics of the Pio universal,

https://www.audionet.com.tw/thread-10922-1-1.html

155453b1au7aq8isp78g8g.jpg

Though decidedly underwhelming I would say,

clearly leaving space pace on the right for balanced xlr output board.and space on left for decent toroidal  psu for if when the more upmarket shows... we’ll time will tell.

anyways clearly using pioneer drive. And curiously I see a mediatek chipset (which oppo/cambridge ) also share.

On 07/08/2018 at 10:16 PM, :) al said:

Some internal pics of the Pio universal,

https://www.audionet.com.tw/thread-10922-1-1.html

155453b1au7aq8isp78g8g.jpg

Though decidedly underwhelming I would say,

clearly leaving space pace on the right for balanced xlr output board.and space on left for decent toroidal  psu for if when the more upmarket shows... we’ll time will tell.

anyways clearly using pioneer drive. And curiously I see a mediatek chipset (which oppo/cambridge ) also share.

To be truthfull as much as i LOVE my previous Pioneer LX88... the above pics of the internals  leave me VERY VERY underwhelmed! 😟

6 minutes ago, wooferocau said:

To be truthfull as much as i LOVE my previous Pioneer LX88... the above pics of the internals  leave me VERY VERY underwhelmed! 😟

am sure this upper 800 model will fill the void :D 

1 hour ago, wooferocau said:

Its pretty obvious the analog circuitry isn't a big priority in this model ; though I notice it has the same dac AK 4490 as a Marantz 8805 . No chance of stray emf with all that space eh B)

Certainly a few more pcb's with a 203 :) ;

See related image detail 

Spotted in the wild. Though it was tucked away in a tiny booth, behind a curtain and off the beaten track!

dscf6943__large_full.jpg

dscf6944__large_full.jpg

Certainly not a big deal being made about it at all.

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, cwt said:

Intriguing Al ; seems to make a good effort to eradicate noise from the digital signal with the grounding scheme sounding something similar like a xlr balanced circuit  would implement … Zero signal terminal ; whats that ? Matching AVR with an input for it possibly ? Yes likely unbalanced rcas for this model ; got to leave something for the flagship :blush:

Huh ; that's exactly what it is ; grounding for a companion avr ;doh 😀

An interesting add-on, which further improves audio quality, is the special purpose connector port on the back panel. This ‘Zero Signal’ port doesn’t pass through any signals, but is used for extra grounding.