Bathurst 2018

A9X

5 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

that the artist formerly known as Mr Happy Pants can't make it?

Whatever will I do with the bouncy castle, ball pit and pony rides to entertain him when the adults were talking?

• Like 2

I think the race is 'early' this year, around the 4th (?) or so, rather than the 10th of the recent years.

Usually some come early, some stay late. Not sure who is in which category this time, tho I know brett is in the early camp.

But, I kinda want to know who might be in the stay late camp...Dave Chickenman I am looking at you. There is a reason I am curious.

I just found out, by luck I guess, that Nils Frahm is playing in canberra on wed 10th. Am very strongly considering heading on down, but would be constricted by anyone staying after the gtg..............unless they want to come along too!

Might get onto vetruvian, don't know if he still frequents the forum or would be interested, can at least say hi to him.

Anyways, thought I'd give a heads up there re Nils Frahm, and let me know if you are in the group who might be affected by this sidetrip to canberra.

https://canberratheatrecentre.com.au/show/nils-frahm/

With a heavy heart full of disappointment and anger I have to withdraw from this years' festivities- my annual leave has been disallowed due to current workload.

Sad face.

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

With a heavy heart full of disappointment and anger I have to withdraw from this years' festivities- my annual leave has been disallowed due to current workload.

Sad face.

And l was about to stick my thumb up for a lift   :thumb:  :sorry:

On 02/09/2018 at 2:46 PM, Aslan said:

Great to hear from you mate - yeah, I know I need to give the ciggies up - just as much for the expense as the health issues ;)
Haven't listen to any music down here in years - my system is crap, so I don't bother any more, and besides there is so much to see, do and explore now that I have a little 4WD to get out and about in.
Heating that place would be a *****, glad it's working and please make sure the boys post up some progress pics of the place - I have lost track of where you are at - it's been way too long ;)  

Howdy Andrew, how are ya, mate??  The last time I saw you was our dinner in Strahan, I reckon that was sometime in March 2016.  We'd been off the gaspers for a little over a year then.  We retired in 2013.  Then I went to see a doctor for the first time in about 25 years in late 2015 and got read the riot act. ?   Good timing since we had stopped earning but the price of smokes had definitely NOT stopped increasing.  So Cath and I gave it away.  I haven't had a ciggie in almost three years now - and neither has Cath.  I reckon we've saved the best part of $40 grand in that time.  And, combined with a major weight loss (20 kg plus for me, 10 kg plus for her), neither of us has felt better for decades.

We don't listen to much music anymore either while I make the transition from CDs to streaming.  I've been wanting to get to Bathurst to check out the reprobates and Terry's system for years.  Can I park a caravan someplace in the vicinity?  I don't need anything but a bit of space.  Ah well, I don't think it's gonna happen this year.  But there's always the future.  Do you ever get back to the "mainland". Andrew?

ahhggrhh, I have successfully multi quoted, but now cannot find the 'reply' button that will also include the quoted posts. So will answer the quotes without them appearing.

Joz, maybe take one extra day off and grab a lift with Dave. You can do it son!!

Anthony, bit of a bugger but there ya go. Will miss you. Lindy and the girls 'send their rememberances'. Heck, dunno what that means, they say 'Hi, wish you were coming but look forward to next time'.

Grumps, one of these days you will have to make it. Heck, bring Georgina with you and both of you have a holiday. And whilst I am at it, bring Tony with you.

Brumby, I have this very strong feeling we have discussed this in the past. I am sure we have talked about whether or not we have the room for you! Well, given we are on sixteen acres I am pretty sure you could find a place where you feel comfortable pitching your tent so to speak. Sounds like you are at a stage in life where you can do things on a whim, well make it a whim this year and just decide to come. You and the missus are more than welcome. It certainly is one way to look at giving up the gaspers, 'how  much money you have saved in the time'. It all adds up does it not?? I guess my savings are beginning to be worthwhile too. Well done on giving up, it is not so easy.

Now to see what happens when I hit reply, whether the quoted posts come up. There must be a simple answer but then I am a complicated guy which is why it eludes me!!

Edited by terry j

On 25/09/2018 at 5:56 PM, A9X said:

Sadly, Earle has advised he won't be able to attend for personal reasons.

On 26/09/2018 at 9:25 AM, joz said:

Anyone leaving from Melb on Thursday morning coming back Monday morning?

On 28/09/2018 at 2:53 PM, Grizzly said:

Sad face.

On 28/09/2018 at 4:13 PM, Grumpy said:

And l was about to stick my thumb up for a lift   :thumb:  :sorry:

On 28/09/2018 at 7:28 PM, brumby said:

Howdy Andrew, how are ya, mate??  The last time I saw you was our dinner in Strahan, I reckon that was sometime in March 2016.  We'd been off the gaspers for a little over a year then.  We retired in 2013.  Then I went to see a doctor for the first time in about 25 years in late 2015 and got read the riot act. ?   Good timing since we had stopped earning but the price of smokes had definitely NOT stopped increasing.  So Cath and I gave it away.  I haven't had a ciggie in almost three years now - and neither has Cath.  I reckon we've saved the best part of $40 grand in that time.  And, combined with a major weight loss (20 kg plus for me, 10 kg plus for her), neither of us has felt better for decades.

We don't listen to much music anymore either while I make the transition from CDs to streaming.  I've been wanting to get to Bathurst to check out the reprobates and Terry's system for years.  Can I park a caravan someplace in the vicinity?  I don't need anything but a bit of space.  Ah well, I don't think it's gonna happen this year.  But there's always the future.  Do you ever get back to the "mainland". Andrew?

Ahh, just worked it out. Oh well, for next time then.

• Haha 1

I  see this come and go every year. These days I can't go that far.

Often I don't see any 'Bathurst ' , stuck away without tv coverage and without paying to stream.

Spent my time on the mountain as a young bloke at least.

Very generous of Terry to host.

On 28/9/2018 at 7:28 PM, brumby said:

Hiya mate, I didn't get up to NSW at all last year, and the previous year I just flew up on a Friday, did the Canoe Classic and flew back Monday, so no holidays up that way for 2 years at least. 
This year I'm coming up the last week in October with a 2 car team to do Cancer Council's Mystery Box Rally, but we're off the big red Ferry, straight to Mildura, 5 days of Rallying, then straight back on the Ferry in time for me to do all the Month End stocktakes and financials for the business.

Next year I plan to spend 8 weeks touring Central Oz and doing all the tracks with a mate in his big Fourby towing a trailer - hopefully it all goes to plan ;)

Yeah, trips up that way are becoming rarer - when I can get time off there's usually plenty to see and do here in Tassie :) 

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 8:41 PM, Grizzly said:

Erm, Graham, read your contract. You HAVE to be there. As does your progeny.

Put me on the list Brett!! At least MY priorities are straight.....

mmm !!

I'll still be there - arriving Thurs night.

15 hours ago, joz said:

Wow , do we have an updated list?

As far as I'm aware, the one in post #1 is accurate. Something may have changed I'm unaware of though.

If anyone is not coming, or there are extras or day trippers planning on coming up, please either post here or PM me through SNA as I'm not monitoring direct emails much.

PS Joe, tell Mal to get his butt up here.

35 minutes ago, Paul47 said:

I'll still be there - arriving Thurs night.

Good to hear.

I'm currently sitting in the kitchen at Jones Manor trying to decide what I want to cook for breakfast.

Edited by A9X

3 hours ago, A9X said:

As far as I'm aware, the one in post #1 is accurate. Something may have changed I'm unaware of though.

If anyone is not coming, or there are extras or day trippers planning on coming up, please either post here or PM me through SNA as I'm not monitoring direct emails much.

PS Joe, tell Mal to get his butt up here.

Good to hear.

I'm currently sitting in the kitchen at Jones Manor trying to decide what I want to cook for breakfast.

Looks like I’ll have mal with me all going well.

not sure what kind of company he’ll be on the long drive as he’ll be coming of night shift.

Guest Muon N'
11 hours ago, joz said:

Looks like I’ll have mal with me all going well.

not sure what kind of company he’ll be on the long drive as he’ll be coming of night shift.

Say hi to Mal for me :)

Was just thinking of him the other night when someone asked about his awesome amp project he was in the middle of last time here.