CEC TL51 belt driven transport

Guest Arthur

Guest Arthur

Greetings to one and all!

Just a quick question to our expert panel here about my ageing TL 51 transport.

The issue:  Lately, it has started 'skipping' and goes on repeat mode (A - B )  on discs that play perfectly in other players. It also 'freezes' when I try to access another track on the disc, and I am talking about brand new discs.

The question: Does anyone know if the laser/ transport installed in this player is still available?  And, if yes, where can one buy it from.

I am not sure if this particular subject has been discussed before here, a brief search on my behalf didn't reveal anything so, I would appreciate any information you guys care to provide.

Best regards to all!

Guest Arthur
22 minutes ago, Sir Rab of Everest said:

contact Kimil electronics in Sydney.

- r

Thanks for that, I will give them a call and  see what they say. 

Cheers!

Arthur, it’s most probably the laser. My cec tl1 started playing up and then it stopped reading and playing cds.

I bought one from eBay, for my cec-TL1. The sellers name is supercooleszeugs, he’s based in Germany.

Google and see which one you need. I’m not familiar with the tl51. On my tl1, they had different lasers, with the same model, they had a different pin configuration.
Go and figure!

Bill

Guest Arthur

Thank you so much Bill!

That's valuable information indeed!

The TL51 is ( I understand..) different from the TL1  and the TL 51X. They're all belt driven, however as you say, 

the pin configuration and, in some of them, the mounting method is also different.

I will contact the seller you've suggested and seek more info from them.

Thanks for your kind response!

ATB. 

Hello there

A friend of miner recently was looking for a Marantz laser and got one through Allie Express . They have trillions and za-billions of items. You may find what you need there if the other leads prove fruitless.  All the best.

Guest Arthur
10 hours ago, andrewp said:

Hello there

A friend of miner recently was looking for a Marantz laser and got one through Allie Express . They have trillions and za-billions of items. You may find what you need there if the other leads prove fruitless.  All the best.

Thanks for that Andrew, the search for replacement laser/transport mechanisms has become a bit of an issue the last few years, as manufacturers - such as Philips - have stopped making certain models due to lack of sales.

If all else fails I will most certainly take your advice and look at Allie Express. They may have what I need!

Thanks again my friend!