AMAZON PRIME LAUNCHES IN AUSTRALIA

i covered mine over from prime video to prime package cost 50c or so more a month and am now getting closer to the us prime package ie in the streaming, and free delivery option (though not as expedited as in the us) we also get free books to access so a good thing overall. if converting over you get 30 days free and its only $59 a year which if buy from amazon a few things a year will soon pay for itself even in the free postage :)

about the only thing I watch on prime is the grand tour... though finshed series 2 and not sure when the series 3 will be up...

7 minutes ago, :) al said:

its only $59 a month

That seems a bit steep...  ?

Sadly my US Prime subscription (I have American wife so this comes in very handy for getting gift wrapped birthday and presents delivered to family in a hurry!) doesn't carry over...

@:) al - Have you worked out roughly how many packages you'd need before the free shipping covers the annual Prime fee?  If not I guess it's a weekend research project to work out whether it's worth me paying for Prime in 2 countries.

• Like 1

I fixed my post, $59 a year 

you might want to do the same. when you look at what aussie postage costs here $59 a year isnt a heck of a lot. and its not just postage we have access to media for viewing reading etc. I buy quite a bit from amazon in the us and its $10+ every ship even if it were one item. id only need 6 orders a year to cover it. ive done 4 orders in the last 3 months and its had shipping costs of about $51+ in there already so if I had the current amazon prime i would have already close to paid for it.

note our aussie amazon prime not only includes free expedited local delivery also includes free shipping of orders from us

Delivery

Free Expedited Delivery in as fast as two days on all items shipped by Amazon AU.
Free International Delivery on millions of Prime eligible orders over $49 from Amazon US when you shop from Amazon.com.au. 
Plus Prime exclusive discounts on all Priority deliveries. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Martykt said:

If you sign up before 31st January 2019, it's only $4.99 a month"

$59/12= $4.9166666666666666666667 to be precise :D 

but yeah when you sign up you get the choice per month or year. and you get one month free... so technically $4.54 a month...

I got a note straight away welcoming me to aussie amazon prime and telling me amazon prime video would cease and just be seamlessly transfer over. got rebated for my month already had paid for(so do still get 1 month free). I was paying $4 something for just the amazon video component. so 50c a month more is great for not only the video streaming, free books  but the free prime shipping local and international as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, :) al said:

I fixed my post, $59 a year 

you might want to do the same. when you look at what aussie postage costs here $59 a year isnt a heck of a lot.

Good thing you won't be getting deliveries from Amazon US anymore then...... that's more like $59 per parcel thanks to UPS..... ?

• Like 1

Just now, Martykt said:

Good thing you won't be getting deliveries from Amazon US anymore then...... that's more like $59 per parcel thanks to UPS..... ?

the trick here is amazon prime ticked stuff only gets the free shipping. but most of it is I have noticed. reason i even went over to amazon prime in the first place for the us is a lot of things they make prime purchase only. ie unless are subscribed to prime cant even buy it ! let alone shipping. so was worth it there and there. I dont know the legalities from a consumer law thing baring people from buying unless you have a membership but I suspect from my training i have done in trade practices they can pick and choose who they sell to and no need to sell to non subscribers ! 

Nice! Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Just to be able to watch The Grand Tour is enough to cover the $59/year cost.

Now just hoping more vinyl is available to the Aussie Amazon. The current selection is pathetic and sometimes crazy expensive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, silencer13 said:

Nice! Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Just to be able to watch The Grand Tour is enough to cover the $59/year cost.

Now just hoping more vinyl is available to the Aussie Amazon. The current selection is pathetic and sometimes crazy expensive.

am looking forward to see what happens with the "global store" they keep talking about. I noticed the amazon uk had an item marked as from their global store... but I still couldnt get it... as it was for delivery to US only. time will tell I guess...

I agree the current selection is pathetic. I drive past their huge bill board on the bolte ? proclaiming 60 million items... on amazon au...but we know amazon us is 500 million.... so we have quite a way to go. even with amazon us there were a lot of items wouldnt ship to au. so suspect we will never have full access...

1 minute ago, :) al said:

am looking forward to see what happens with the "global store" they keep talking about. I noticed the amazon uk had an item marked as from their global store... but I still couldnt get it... as it was for delivery to US only. time will tell I guess...

I agree the current selection is pathetic. I drive past their huge bill board on the bolte ? proclaiming 60 million items... on amazon au...but we know amazon us is 500 million.... so we have quite a way to go. even with amazon us there were a lot of items wouldnt ship to au. so suspect we will never have full access...

Yeah, I'm curious as to what their "Global Store" is going to offer too.

I've been stalking Amazon.au everyday ever since they announced it, but nothing seems to have changed for the past month.

I'm like a guy who knows his death date, I keep going to Amazon.com just to make "One Last Order" before they stop shipping on July 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up for Amazon Prime trial yesterday when the Amazon App prompted me to do so to get free shipping (while doing the last GST free items!)

Maybe a silly question, but how do I get access to the 1 million songs available free to Prime members?  I have the Amazon Music App but every time I try to access the music, it prompts me to trial the Unlimited offering.  ?   Is there is way to browse the free Prime music available?  Am I missing a setting?

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up to take advantage of 2 for 1vinyl promotion they had (ended on the 8th, sorry if you missed it) and poked around the Video App a bit. I can't really find some thing I've been wanting to watch. I like Video being included in the Prime subscription but I just can't see what will keep me after the 30 day trial. The price is good and the records turned up very quickly, but I'm not going to keep paying if I don't see that I'll need it. 

I'm already subscribed to Spotify, PSN and Netflix. I don't need another one. I'd get Stan over Amazon Video if I was going to add another streaming service :P

Edited by PauliD

5 hours ago, PauliD said:

I signed up to take advantage of 2 for 1vinyl promotion they had (ended on the 8th, sorry if you missed it) and poked around the Video App a bit. I can't really find some thing I've been wanting to watch. I like Video being included in the Prime subscription but I just can't see what will keep me after the 30 day trial. The price is good and the records turned up very quickly, but I'm not going to keep paying if I don't see that I'll need it. 

I'm already subscribed to Spotify, PSN and Netflix. I don't need another one. I'd get Stan over Amazon Video if I was going to add another streaming service :P

Man In The High Castle is worth watching on Prime Viveo

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've signed up for the free 30day period and i'm struggling to find products (that are worthwhile) on Amazon Prime. Rather disappointed - had high hopes after using Amazon UK/US while over there. I might cancel then wait till more products are Prime Eligible. 

Competitively  priced intel cpus/Pressure washer accessories/headlamps for cars and some other bits and pieces are not on prime (or are over priced).

It seems that they have encouraged shop fronts to list as many items as possible (regardless of price) just to make it look 'full'

https://www.amazon.com.au/Tradico®-Pressure-Adapter-Sprayer-Connector/dp/B07D61KPR3/ref=sr_1_5?s=fashion&ie=UTF8&qid=1533437274&sr=8-5&keywords=gerni

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gerni-snow-foam-pressure-washer-adaptor-connector-adapter-lance-cannon-snowfoam/122573429756?epid=19021583123&hash=item1c89f21bfc&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_GD=4&_sacat=0&_nkw=Tradico®+Pressure+Washer+Snow+Foam+Lance+Adapter+Sprayer+Connector+for+Nilfisk+Gerni&_from=R40&rt=nc

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, mikizee said:

Here is a good value item from Prime. The Lodge charcoal grill. Almost $300 locally, it is $130 on Amazon with free shipping. It would otherwise cost $192 to ship.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Lodge-L410-Pre-Seasoned-Sportsmans-Charcoal/dp/B00022OK2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534665618&sr=8-1&keywords=lodge

mikizee I have a couple pf those.... hibachi charcoal grills. as a heads I got mine from bbq galore for $49 quite a few years back :D couldnt believe the bargain ! 

maybe worth searching around as I wouldnt pay $300 for one ! :D