Sign in to follow this  
LWA Staff

SOLD: ME Pre & Power Amplifier

Item: ME 25 Pre-Amplifier & ME 75 Power Amplifiers
Price: Make us an offer! The highest offer by close of business this coming Friday gets the units.
Item Condition: Pre Amplifier good condition. Power amplifier not working with burnt out transistors which will need to be fixed.
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, Credit Cards, Bank Transfer
Delivery: Delivery is POA and dependent on location
Extra information: Opportunity for the technically minded enthusiast to pick up a bargain with this superb sounding pre and power amplifier from ME. 
The pre amplifier is in great condition. The Power Amplifier has burnt out (or shorted) transistors on the right hand circuit board (pictured) and will need to be repaired before it can be used. 
Therefore we are not asking a set price but will sell the these items to the highest offer given by close of business this Friday the 22nd of June, 2018.
Make us an offer or contact us for further information.

Pictures:

SN_ME_Amps_1.png

SN_ME_Amps_2.png

SN_ME_Amps_3.png

SN_ME_Amps_4.png

SN_ME_Amps_5.png

SN_ME_Amps_6.png

Edited by LWA Staff

I'll put $100 on it!

7 minutes ago, andythiing said:

new auction rules?

Commercial Classifieds.

I think LWA is attempting to pass on some goodwill to our community here rather than trying to turn a profit.

36 minutes ago, Marc said:

@Zaphod Beeblebrox - a fixxer upper piece of cake for you.

I was going to drop it straight into his place!

Guest guru

Collectors item, going by the serial number it was the second unit made. Trev would have the first one behind glass somewhere but this is just like being runner up for a brownlow. Get your bids in early before trev snipers you at the death on Friday .

Edited by guru
Extra p

3 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

I was going to drop it straight into his place!

When you pick it up, take the lid of to make sure he hasn’t dropped a couple of class D modules in....😜

Just kidding @Zaphod Beeblebrox   😂

It would be nice to see a or 2 photos of back of ME25 and power supply unit, whether it has been upgraded to newer power supply or not.

7 hours ago, Gijo1977 said:

What type of phono stage is in the ME 25?

Without seeing inside, there is no way to tell for certain. It could be MM or MC. 

6 hours ago, vinilink said:

It would be nice to see a or 2 photos of back of ME25 and power supply unit, whether it has been upgraded to newer power supply or not.

Unlikely. The ME25 pictured has the old, horrible, RCA sockets and old style knobs and front panel. Most upgraded ME preamps were fitted with new knobs, front panels and RCA sockets. Additionally, it would be helpful to know if the ME25 employs Alps pots or not. If not, then that is a mandatory upgrade. 

11 hours ago, Gijo1977 said:

What type of phono stage is in the ME 25?

Moving Magnet. 

27 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

did you get it at $100 @LogicprObe ?

Haven't heard anything yet....................how long should I wait?

Apologies that it has taken so long to come back to everyone on this. The winning offer was $500 (we actually had a couple at that level, so the unit has gone to the first one received). I would like to thank everyone for their interest and participation. 

As this combination was dropped off to us at no charge we will be donating the $500 to Variety - the Children's Charity. 

Good on you @LWA Staff - a great gesture and thanks for sharing the opportunity with our community.