FS: Behringer Ultramatch Pro SRC2496 DAC Modified For HiFi

Item:    Behringer Ultramatch Pro SRC2496 DAC Modified For HiFi use
Price:    $200
Item Condition:  Excellent
Reason for selling:   Too many components
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
Extra Info:  

This is the exact model that The Lampizator started his venture into the DAC world.

Behringer mods upgrade of the input and output circuits.

New Input/Output boards have been installed,the boards were purchased from Audiosmile in the UK 

Note - The Behringer mods analog input circuit does not have a variable gain control. The input gain control of the SRC is non-functioning.

This unit sounds better than a stock unit. Here is a review http://www.highfidelityreview.com/behringer-src2496-mod-audiosmile.html

Output Circuit - The improved output circuit features LM4562 non-inverting buffers to provide a low noise, high impedance input. These are capable of feeding the ver differential floating output stage based on 4x LME49990 ICs. This output stage emulates a transformer such that it can provide the noise rejection capabilities of a balanced output. Additionally the output voltage stays constant regardless of the method of connection.

The Behringer SRC when modified with this new circuit is capable of less than 0.0005% THD and 117dB S/N ratio at it's analog outputs. The circuit alone can actually any DAC that has a differential voltage output, such as those based on the AKM AK4393, AK4396, Cirrus CS4392, CS4398, Wolfson WM8740, WM8741, WM8742.

Input Circuit - The improved analog input circuit is uses the Texas Instruments LME49724 IC, specifically designed for driving differential ADCs. The circuit can acce require a bias voltage, and this is provided by a dedicated LM285 voltage reference IC with additional filtering for the lowest noise level.

The Behringer SRC when modified with this new circuit can achieve <0.0005% THD and 117dB S/N from the analog inputs. In conjunction with the digital outputs, th archiving vinyl and tape. Using the analog inputs and analog outputs, room correction can be applied to any source. The input circuit alone is capable of 123dB S/N.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Pictures:

b1.JPG

b2.JPG

b3.JPG

b4.JPG

Edited by Rewind
disclaimer
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rewind said:

Behringer mods upgrade of the input and output circuits.

New Input/Output boards have been installed,the boards were purchased from Audiosmile in the UK 

Note - The Behringer mods analog input circuit does not have a variable gain control. The input gain control of the SRC is non-functioning.

This unit sounds better than a stock unit. Here is a review http://www.highfidelityreview.com/behringer-src2496-mod-audiosmile.html

I had similar upgrades done to my Behringer DCX2496 and I highly recommend Audiosmile (Behringer Mods). 

The features ... of the SRC  are superb, however there is an achilles heel; the analog inputs and outputs have relatively high distortion and noise compared to the best alternatives.

Quote from Behringer Mods.  There is a noticeable difference once the mods are put in.

GLWTS...