Wire size between crossover and speakers

Good evening All

Been giving thought to maybe I would get an improvement if there is an increase in the interconnect wires between the crossover and the terminals of the speakers,currently wire diameter is O.D 1.5 mm, inner wire O.D 0.75mm

It just seems remarkably small wires in place , in know with fluids an increase connecting hoses will improve performance (of course the end use will determine if its an improvement),would there be an improvement if the wire diameter was increased ?

If so, what recommendations for sizing or wire type ?

This is on a pair of Wharfdale E50 speakers ,which I'm reviving.

Cheers everyone

Hey there
I think it would be hard to determine if you would see an improvemnt or not , only if you are lowering resistance would you see a audible difference and since the wire between the terminals and xover is so short and also the the systems fairly conservative power needs i think original wire is probably up to the job , but if your already inside the box and ot puts you at ease then theres no harm in doing all the wiring and checking all solder joints on xover , maybe more noticible would be replacing capacitors that may of drifted spec over time

35 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Swapping the wire is unlikely to make much of a difference, but soldering the connections almost certainly will. 

Yes............how many times have you opened something up and found loose fitting crimp connectors?