Sign in to follow this  
Guest scumbag

SOLD: FS: Siemens CCa / E88CC A-Frame matched pair - rare NOS*

Guest scumbag

Item: Siemens CCa / E88CC A-Frame matched pair - rare NOS* 1974.

Price: $240 including postage for free in AUS. 

Item Condition: *NOS -20hours testing in my system. I've reduced the price accordingly.

Reason for selling: Getting close but not quite what I'm after.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash or Paypal. Postage =paypal (as a friend or add 3%)

Extra Info:

Made in Germany by people eating strudels.
 "The following ubiquitous quote from the TubeMuseum.org Famous Review of the Best Top 6922 Audio tubes ever. (Rated number 4 out of the top 10)
-E88CC or CCa Siemens & Halske A-FRAME construction late 1960's to early 1970's "Beautiful open air holographic images, low microphonic tube construction, rare. Sonically Brilliant, Pristine, Musical & Therapeutic"
Also this review:
"CCa was a E88CC specially selected for "Post Germany"; special low noise, low microphonic, long-life 6922. The "German and Dutch Post" = telephone, telegraphie, telex, and the postal system. Much of the telephone centrals used tube equipment and for telephone equipment you want a "noise-free" environment. The letters "CC" probably equates to "double triode", and/or a for special design."
Similar to these - https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-CCa-SIEMENS-tubes-A-frame-POST-MILITARY-premium-6299-E88CC-CCa-/312150612959

These babies have BASS, nice punchy bass. And extended treble with great acoustics. Despite comments on the interwebs about these tubes being analytical, they are very dynamic, full and engaging. What they are NOT, is laid back, mushy, rolled off or microphonic which is some people's minds might not be a good thing. Personally if I can find a tube that combines the bass performance and dynamics of this tube but having a bit more of a laid-back personality, I'll have reached nirvana. 

Gold pins, date codes stamped on the insides. Boxes are a bit tatty but at least that means they're not reprints ;) Perfect for people who's system needs a bit of oomph and/or more detail 

Pictures: Stand on your head to get the full effect.

20180613_155033.thumb.jpg.a44c4b4d06204c58733503d8de7befab.jpg20180613_155059.thumb.jpg.5fcda9ea91f231b92b49410c60cca2fc.jpg20180613_155038.thumb.jpg.47bf21fed3c435ad3a3d50de1c232904.jpg

Cool Tubes!! What device were you using them in??

GLWTS

Guest scumbag

PS Audio BHK Preamp. The cool thing about this pre is that you can use a really wide range of tubes. 6922's, 12AU7's and other variants.

I reckon they would be perfect in my Copland CSA-29, just waiting on a lump sum to arrive from my UK army pension.

If you still have these when it comes, I'll be in touch.

Edited by Batty

Hi Scumbag

I will take the tubes if still for sale , I can transfer money direct into your account .

petro

Guest scumbag

Gents,

Thanks for all your interest. I've had a lot of phone calls and SMS' about these tubes and I sold them on a first come first serve basis.

I do have a set of single-halo Siemens 74' CCA that I am looking to sell so if anyone is interested PM me. Another great sounding tube.

Mark