Hard to see in the room but worked out ok

I took a pic with the grill on but  black on matt black is hard to see, but I don't need to see them.

I finished the rear grill frames but haven't got the cloth yet.

IMG_4891s.jpg

So now the task of watching all the movies I have with atmos sound track, good to see the word atmos on the front of AVR. DTS X on the last Jason Bourne movie so have to watch it again.

Amazing Build....

Will be reaching out to Paul at Red Spade shortly for same drivers/crossovers....

I'm replacing my 4 surrounds with new enclosures that I'm building with the same driver and crossovers.

Got the speaker cloth printed

IMG_5195.JPG

Posted (edited)

I changed the white lettering to the colour of the rest of ceiling, I didn't want it to stand out too much.

IMG_4913.JPG

Edited by SandS

The grill cloth colour for the rear atmos speakers came out more like the wall colour even though I gave them the R G B colour from the paint company.  So trying a screen printer, gave them a piece of the gyprock I cut out of the ceiling.

Started on replacing the 4 surrounds

IMG_4917b.jpg

You never have enough clamps...

IMG_5202b.jpg

Posted (edited)

These  are the 2 side surrounds,  They have to be deeper than the old ones to fit the new 8" coax driver.

IMG_4921b.jpg

Edited by SandS

This was the right surround I made and built it into the window opening, so now I'm changing it I will hang the poster doors from the out side so they sit a bit neater against the speaker poster.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Great work as usual mate!!

Brilliant idea screen printing the Atmos picture on the grill cloth!

I reckon the upgraded surrounds will make a huge difference - perhaps as much as adding Atmos - as they tend to see a bit more "action" than the height channels. Having all 8 "surround" speakers using the exact same driver should make for a very enveloping experience! ...and the fact that the Seaton Cat's also use a high efficiency 8" coax should be " icing on the cake" ( so to speak) 

look forward to seeing you tomorrow, I'll fire up REW on the Laptop and set up the mic so we can run you through it while your here, I'll PM you soon!

J