Item: PMC Twenty 23 Floor Speakers
Price: $2650
Item Condition: Excellent 
Reason
for selling: Moving House / NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: 

Pictures:

Needs no introduction, beautiful in looks and sound.. happy to demo. Great condition.

No original packaging etc., so pickup only at this point. 

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_3986.JPG

IMG_3989.JPG

IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_3998.JPG

IMG_4002.JPG

IMG_4004.JPG

Hi, wondering what sort of amplification one needs to drive these?

1 hour ago, Tobywb said:

Hey mate, I'm currently driving them with an old Arcam integrated, with surprisingly good results believe it or not. Although, they say the more power the better think Naim / Cyrus etc., I'd say avoid the brighter amps and you'll be fine. 

2 hours ago, Tobywb said:

I have a pair and tried them with:

Musical Fidelity A3.2 CR pre and power

Cyrus Pre2 DAC and Cyrus Stereo 200

Naim Nait XS2 with and without Naim Flatcap XS

Lavardin IS

The power ratings on those in 8 ohm are: (130W, 175W, 70W, and 45W)

To me the bass was about as controlled with the Lavardin as with the Cyrus, so I don't think the woofers need much power to be well controlled.

Bass impact was strongest with the Naim, so don't think you need much power to get them to boogie either.

When new the treble is bright, but this smooths out after a couple of weeks, mine definitely don't sound bright anymore, I'd call them neutral.

3 hours ago, Tobywb said:

To give you more ideas or options, I m driving my pair with Hegel H200.

And I’ve also used my Rega Elicit R with them. 

thanks guys this  - i'm currently with a naim uniti at 50w, or an old musical fidelity a1 at 30w. With the naim the proac studio 125s I have are deep and warm but lacking in a little sparkle and detail - sounds like the PMCs are worth a listen

Which version of rel subwoofer and how does it go with the PMC ‘s?

Edited by bertdoozer

10 hours ago, bertdoozer said:

Which version of rel subwoofer and how does it go with the PMC ‘s?

It is the T5. The PMC can go really low on it's own but mostly will depend on the amp. In my instance it integrates seamlessly with the older Arcam and works well together. But I am guessing you wouldn't need it with say the Naim XS or SN. 

Hi used to have these speakers but went to the twentyFives, I'm looking to add a pair of Rel T7i to my Cyrus mono blocks.

PMC make an excellent product with a 20 yr warranty.

stu

1 hour ago, bertdoozer said:

Hi used to have these speakers but went to the twentyFives, I'm looking to add a pair of Rel T7i to my Cyrus mono blocks.

stu

Hi Stu, what was your experience? was there a huge noticeable improvement? And is it worth moving up to TwentyFives ? 

stu
Why would you need a subwoofer with the Twenty5.23?

2 minutes ago, audio_file said:

Why would you need a subwoofer with the Twenty5.23?

Because they are not full range....

17 minutes ago, sjay said:

Because they are not full range....

I haven't heard the Twenty5.23 yet, but everyone seems to say they go a fair bit lower than the Twenty.23.

I have heard perhaps 5 songs at most where I could have had slightly more extension on the Twenty.23, so I can't think of something where I'd need to go deeper than the Twenty5.23 would go.

I have heard the B&W 800D3 on Krell mono amplifiers in a large room (8m x 8m) and in there the extension (and tonal balance) sounded about the same as my PMC Twenty.23 on my Naim Nait XS2 sound in my medium sized room. (6.8m x 3.3m).

29 minutes ago, audio_file said:

I haven't heard the Twenty5.23 yet, but everyone seems to say they go a fair bit lower than the Twenty.23.

I have heard perhaps 5 songs at most where I could have had slightly more extension on the Twenty.23, so I can't think of something where I'd need to go deeper than the Twenty5.23 would go.

I have heard the B&W 800D3 on Krell mono amplifiers in a large room (8m x 8m) and in there the extension (and tonal balance) sounded about the same as my PMC Twenty.23 on my Naim Nait XS2 sound in my medium sized room. (6.8m x 3.3m).

Hi have heard the Twenty 23 and 24, and they both go low considering the size of the speaker box, the Transmission line works a treat.

I haven't heard the twenty 25.3 and maybe they do go lower, but hey you are looking $6.3K versus $2.65K for these beauties.

15 minutes ago, Demondes said:

Hi have heard the Twenty 23 and 24, and they both go low considering the size of the speaker box, the Transmission line works a treat.

I haven't heard the twenty 25.3 and maybe they do go lower, but hey you are looking $6.3K versus $2.65K for these beauties.

I think these are going for a great price, the going lower was a reply to needing a sub woofer or not.