Sign in to follow this  
Kaynin

Anthony Bourdain deceased.

22 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Damn, sad news, Anthony Bourdain has passed away.  I love his shows, not only different foods and locations, but the dialogue was always very entertaining.

https://www.news.com.au/world/anthony-bourdain-dead-at-61/news-story/f55c3c7e5b81d9f1b00f6e2aa427bbaf

Incredibly sad and just bewildering.    Why????    I just don't get it.   Such a truly amazing man.   I think I have watched everything he has done and even followed in his footsteps through Rome after seeing an episode on a show.

Just so sad that such talent gives up on life.

Regards Cazzesman

4 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

Incredibly sad and just bewildering.    Why????    I just don't get it.   Such a truly amazing man.   I think I have watched everything he has done and even followed in his footsteps through Rome after seeing an episode on a show.

Just so sad that such talent gives up on life.

Regards Cazzesman

Yep, and lived a fair life too.  He was addicted to Heroin at one stage, he’s been around.  

Gone too soon.

No Reservations and New Tricks, My favorites. Thank god Tony did what he did. Great show and man. I'll have something straight with you today.

Use to love Keith Floyd too. He was only 65 when he had a heart attack.

As for Tony committing suicide. Maybe the Wanting killed him.

R.I.P. mate.

You know, to be honest, I'm not that surprised that he took his own life. I wasn't a big fan, mainly because (IMO) he treated people somewhat condescendingly.

To me, he came across as a bit lost......his eyes always gave me the impression that he was somewhere else....not really there, if you know what I mean. It's always sad to hear of someone taking their own life....I'm sure he will be missed by many. RIP Anthony.

Edited by MusicOne

59 minutes ago, MusicOne said:

You know, to be honest, I'm not that surprised that he took his own life. I wasn't a big fan, mainly because (IMO) he treated people somewhat condescendingly.

To me, he came across as a bit lost......his eyes always gave me the impression that he was somewhere else....not really there, if you know what I mean. It's always sad to hear of someone taking their own life....I'm sure he will be missed by many. RIP Anthony.

Sorry you feel that way. Have a thought for those who are suffering from depression.

Quote from the man himself,

"As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life - and travel - leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those - marks - on your body or on your heart - are beautiful. Often, though they hurt."

SMB

I enjoyed the grit that his shows had as well as the local stories they contained, an arresting mix. Rest In Peace Anthony, with a quiet mind.

Edited by Darren69

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

I enjoyed the grit that his shows had as well as the local stories they contained, an arresting mix. Rest In Peace Anthony, with a quiet mind.

Yeah absolutely.  You get to see the local food that interested him, but then he'd talk about what life was like living in the area for the next 15 minutes.  Not the usual "let me show you how I made this dish" foodie show.

Just so sad. RIP Tony.

3 hours ago, Sirmorebeer said:

Sorry you feel that way. Have a thought for those who are suffering from depression.

Quote from the man himself,

"As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life - and travel - leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those - marks - on your body or on your heart - are beautiful. Often, though they hurt."

SMB

Sorry if I came across as seeming heartless......that's not me, but I do have a tenancy to express myself perhaps a little too bluntly....just my nature I guess.

Capture.JPG.8660cb2a60f81f28cde5c42100bd295a.JPG

1201289921_Capture1.JPG.3cf9aca9e81a9e05f716f537115361c9.JPG

I enjoy most food related shows (bar competition type ones) and I really enjoyed Anthony B's style. Im really shocked by this news...

Very sad.

Anthony Bourdain had a wonderful ability to get to the heart of a culture.

His message of sharing a meal with family and friends is such a simple but beautiful idea and something we should all embrace.

A true legacy to the kind hearted man he obviously was.

I'm sure he'll be sorely by his friends and family.

R.I.P Anthony.

2 hours ago, MusicOne said:

Sorry if I came across as seeming heartless......that's not me, but I do have a tenancy to express myself perhaps a little too bluntly....just my nature I guess.

Maybe you should go and have another look at some of his shows, condescending is the last word I would use to describe Anthony Bourdain.

I can't recall ever seeing him talk down to anyone (except to his Russian friend which was completely in jest :lol: ) and didn't care what colour a person was or how poor someone was.

A true egalitarian if ever I saw one.

4 minutes ago, Martykt said:

Maybe you should go and have another look at some of his shows, condescending is the last word I would use to describe Anthony Bourdain.

I can't recall ever seeing him talk down to anyone (except to his Russian friend which was completely in jest :lol: ) and didn't care what colour a person was or how poor someone was.

Spot on Marty, hear hear.  He appeared to be a truly open minded individual.

1 hour ago, Martykt said:

I'll admit, his condescension was subtle, that's what made it stand out for me. I'll do as you say and have another look.

Edited by MusicOne

39 minutes ago, MusicOne said:

I'll admit, his condescension was subtle, that's what made it stand out for me. I'll do as you say and have another look.

All good to make up your own mind MO, but more the power to you if you revisit and get something positive from his work.  :thumb:

Edited by Kaynin

First Avicii , Than Cate Spade and now Anthony in short space.Truly sad.  Really tells you that no wonder how much money and succcess one has.....If  in depression than nothin can make you happy. I  loved his shows and have watched almost all of them. RIP  Anthony.

Guest Muon N'

I'm not into cooking shows, but what I did watch of this man, I liked.

Very sad and needless loss.

I found Anthony Bourdain's style as intelligent, confident with a soupçon of brash thrown in and I liked that a lot.

I find it hard to comprehend the pain that he must have felt to be able to take his life.

Now there is a fine person I would have loved to have done some “Currently Drinking” with.

I am gutted and so sad for his loved ones.

😓

Typical Bourdain.

No airs and flairs on this bloke.Bourdain.jpg.7cadfcc4cb32f7e3ba0397e514343b79.jpg

19 minutes ago, Ahh- Schnoo Schnoo said:

Three Anthony Bourdain show's in a row now on SBS Food Channel

Watching this now.

Wow, talk about bittersweet.