Hi guys I'm getting this error when trying to connect to my hotels wifi (Venice, Italy). How can I resolve this issue? I'm using Chrome on a motorcycle G5s plus.Hotel  staff not very helpful, wifi worked on the receptionists phone (iPhone I think he had)

Thanks.

The web page at http://connectivitycheck.gstatic.com/generate_204could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Reboot your device.    If this doesn't resolve.. then

In URL type, chrome://flags

Search for TLS 1.3

If it is enabled (or default), then keep it as it is and close the window.

If it is not enabled, then hit the enable button.

If this doesn't resolve then clear chrome cache and delete cookies.

go to the wifi settings of the device.

search for the SSID that corresponds to or identifies the hotel

Click on it and it will asked for the password

Enter the password and it should log you in.

51 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

go to

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH would indicate that he's already connected to the network.

connectivitycheck.gstatic.com indicates that the device is trying to decide whether or not to redirect to the the hotels "captive portal" login page.    You know like when you type in any website after choosing the network....  and you end up redirected to a webpage for the hotel asking you to put in your code ?!

SSL version or cipher error, is strange.....  either his device doesn't have the encryption required enabled....  or his device is unhappy (reboot device, or clear cache/cookies).... or the hotel network is borked  (they should be able to say if there are other people complaining).

2 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH would indicate that he's already connected to the network.

connectivitycheck.gstatic.com indicates that the device is trying to decide whether or not to redirect to the the hotels "captive portal" login page.    You know like when you type in any website after choosing the network....  and you end up redirected to a webpage for the hotel asking you to put in your code ?!

SSL version or cipher error, is strange.....  either his device doesn't have the encryption required enabled....  or his device is unhappy (reboot device, or clear cache/cookies).... or the hotel network is borked  (they should be able to say if there are other people complaining).

If the hotel network is broke then you’ll have multiple complaints, he said that the receptionist can log in on a iPhone.  That suggest to me that the network is OK up and running as it should.  More like the encryption needs enabling or his device is not supported, that’s if he’s tried enabling it and did a full reboot.  

I've tried everything suggested, no success unfortunately.

Anyway leaving Venice tomorrow to go on a cruise :) probably no wifi there anyway.

While my son and daughter were traveling o/seas they just signed up with a international prepaid for that area.  Heaps more secured than logging onto free wifi from a hotel, and it be more successful becuase I’ve also notice when travelling and you get a bus full of tourist checking in and it won’t log on becuase everyone is on it!   Most modem allow a limited number of client at anyone time.    I’ve never had issues of logging in in any hotel,  however I log off soon after use in case of security breaches.

I do have a travel Sim card from Australia Post with 2gb of data (that's how I'm posting on here). I've been using wifi in all my other apartments/hotels during my trip with no issue except this hotel in Venice.

I'll be moving on this morning (it's 6.40am here now) to the cruise port. Sick of hauling luggage!!!