Hi Anna,

My limited experience with Cyrus CD players is that they are very good indeed. That being said, a budget as healthy as yours opens up a cornucopia of options. Is new your preference or are you prepared to consider pre loved units? If so you would be able to get exceptional performance with plenty of change!

Am looking at new, I realise the options on used but also am kinda influenced by l;ooks as well and like the slightly different to average  cd player look , I have a Yammi set up at moment with B&W 685's rareluy used since new as in 40 hrs on the whole set up  but am moving into an apartment and am going over to H/Phones as in LCD2.2's with Shitt Lyr Amping and the Yammy is so heavy its a system that I want to scale back on in sheer weight, the Woo is devine in looks but the Cyrus has good reviews and looks awesome

What a pity Anna Marie, an almost brand new Cyrus CDi with the upgrade PSU was sold in the classifieds on May 7th for only $1,600. It may be worth putting an add in the Wanted to Buy section for a Cyrus CDi, you may find a very low hours example with substantial savings. Most members here take great care with their equipment so you should be able to buy with confidence.

Am wanting views on Cyrus CDi as a cd player as against others up to around $3,000 , my other option is Woo WTP-I and accompanying DAC

At that price you could try the Simaudio Moon 260D.
I think it’s got an upper edge to Cyrus. I recently purchased a Cyrus CD-T from Carlton Audio in Melbourne, does a good job within my budget.
  • Like 1

Hi Anna,

I had the CDI & PXR 2, it's a good combination, but after auditioning the Chord Hugo 2 and using the Cyrus as a transport at CAV, I just couldn't get it out of my mind.

Music was presented superbly, totally fleshed out and not harsh.

I'd look at a used Cyrus transport teamed up with a Hugo 2 which is in the classifieds for under 3k.

Another option would be the Giesler GroSS DAC at just over 2k, or just buy the Merridian advertised.

If you're ever in Melbourne, make some time and audition the Hugo 2 or Cute DACs at CAV. Martin showed me how they out performed  my Cyrus duo.  

Not sure about the Woo, I'm sure it would be quite good as well.

Edited by maximus
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Hi Anna,

Have heard the Cyrus CDi &also CDXT Transport & Dac. The CDi is ok, if you can get used to the slot loading. A big step up in sound quality is Vincent CD-S8 if you can find one. Or a demo model Unison Research CDE, falls within your budget and is a huge step up.

https://www.sydneyhificastlehill.com.au/shop/cd-players/unison-research-unico-cde-hybrid-cd-player-ex

Good luck.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, initforthemusic said:
  Hide contents

Hi Anna,

Have heard the Cyrus CDi &also CDXT Transport & Dac. The CDi is ok, if you can get used to the slot loading. A big step up in sound quality is Vincent CD-S8 if you can find one. Or a demo model Unison Research CDE, falls within your budget and is a huge step up.

https://www.sydneyhificastlehill.com.au/shop/cd-players/unison-research-unico-cde-hybrid-cd-player-ex

Good luck.

22 minutes ago, initforthemusic said:
  Hide contents

Hi Anna,

Good luck.

I live in Hobart so Quantum electronics are agents for Vincent , so will audition , thanks for the info , much appreciated

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@maximus that is intriguing.

I am running a Cyrus CD Xt Signature through a Pre2 DAC Qx and like the result, but I also have a Chord 2Qute, and after reading your comment am keen to try the Xt with the 2Qute.

The only problem is that I'd need an adapter cable, as the CD Xt only outputs RCA and the Chord only takes a BNC cable.

17 hours ago, audio_file said:

@maximus that is intriguing.

I am running a Cyrus CD Xt Signature through a Pre2 DAC Qx and like the result, but I also have a Chord 2Qute, and after reading your comment am keen to try the Xt with the 2Qute.

The only problem is that I'd need an adapter cable, as the CD Xt only outputs RCA and the Chord only takes a BNC cable.

I only compared my CDI & PXR2 against the Hugo 2. Your setup is another level on the CDI & PXR2.  I'd love to hear your signature with the Hugo, now that would be something. As I said before, and I'll stand by this, what I heard at CAV was one of the most musical setups I've heard period, and I've heard megabuck systems.

If anyone's in the vicinity of a Chord, take timeout and have a listen.