The Handmaids Tale

Crikey how good is the handmaids tale tv series!?

I binge watched the first season and was horrified, it's that good.  

A dystopian show with equal parts sadness and elation, this is one complex tv series and thoroughly enjoyable if difficult to watch.

I cried, I laughed, I was elated, wow this show brings out the emotions.

Elizabeth_Moss_in_The_Handmaids_Tale_Sea

Great show. 10/10

Right up there with Altered Carbon and GoT.

To me its almost like they're taking the piss out of those religious fundy countries even though the books were written many years before the recent issues.

Guest Sime
2 minutes ago, Hippy said:

taking the piss out of those religious fundy countries

It’ll be right up my alley then ?

I don't think that's how the orginal auhor meant it but that's how it comes across.

Like asking the question "What would a western Christian country be like if it was full on fundy Christian".

Itd be a lot like this show....

Sort of hilarious and scary at the same time.

I find it hard to put into words the impact this masterpiece has had on me. As someone particularly sensitive to prejudice and the rise of fascism I find the show haunting. Cinematically it's a tour de force, the acting, writing, cinematography and overall production are just breath-taking. I hope that in the decades to come the show is seen through the lens of distopian brilliance it evokes as opposed to the warning shot it has the potential to be.  

watched the first season on netflix, and second on FTA.

Loved the first season, and 6 eps into season 2.

Finding the second season not as good as the first but still good. Wife is in a love/hate relationship with the show. She will only watch it when i'm home there with her lol. 

Very confronting at times

• Like 1