SOLD: FS: ProAc Response Five Flagship Speakers

SOLD

Item: ProAc Response Five Flagship Speakers
Location: Gold Coast (free delivery as far as Sydney a possibility)
Price: SOLD
Item Condition: Good
Reason for selling: Financial (paying off debt)
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

These speakers remind me of the JBL 4350 pair I owned. I use to love cranking the volume up on the JBL's and the same goes with these to get that immersive "live concert" feel.

ProAc's Chairman and Chief Designer Stewart Tyler backed me up there by telling me ""I remember having a pair at home, my lounge is 35ft by 25 ft , and
playing the 1812 overture at full power, not many speakers could do this". Of course at lower volumes they sound marvelous as well.

These retailed in the UK for £10,000 and in the US for $14,000.
They are BIG floorstanders weighing in at 60kg each.

I am the second owner the first being a Brit who when coming out here to live, bought them with him.
Free delivery between the Sunshine Coast to Sydney is a possibility.

The cabinets are generally in very good condition. There are some small blemishes down on the bottom of one speaker (down near the plinth). One bass driver has had a few very small tears in the rubber surrounds repaired. Spikes are included.

=======================

The specs are -

Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms Recommended Amplifiers: 50 to 350 watts Frequency Response: 20hz to 30Khz Sensitivity: 87db for 1 watt at 1 metre Bass Drivers (2): ProAc 7” (178mm) special carbon fibre cone with very linear motor system, cast chassis and large magnet assembly with breather. Midrange: Studio quality 3” (76mm) soft dome with three inch ribbon wound voice coil and double suspension. Tweeter: ProAc 3⁄4” (19mm) soft dome unit with exclusive cork-clad front plate, unique coating and special rear loading. Honeycomb wound voice coil. Crossover: Super high grade fibreglass base with high purity heavy grade tracking. AC chokes, silvered capacitors, high wattage ceramic resistors. Dimensions: 54” (1372mm) high on plinths with spikes 10” (254mm) wide 15” (381mm) deep Mode: Floorstanding on dedicated plinths and spikes Grille: Acoustically transparent crimplene Weight: 132lbs (60kg)

Pictures:

20180415_114938.jpg

20180606_125738.jpg

20180415_115409.jpg

20180415_115300.jpg

20180415_115103.jpg

Edited by craig10
  • Like 5

Very nice speaker but need high power amp like Krell 350 watts class A to drive them. I had this speaker back 10 year ago lovely sound together with Jadis Defy 7, Audio Research Classic 150 mono block but never felt enough power for this speaker...

• Like 1

I have been looking for these speakers all my life!!! Now that a pair comes up for sale, I have nowhere to put them! Arghhhh! 

To whomever buys them - these speakers are legendary. Perhaps the most famous ProAc's ever made. Sadly I only know them by reputation and not through first-hand experience, so if you buy them, can I be your new best friend :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, evil c said:

@buddyev

After a few years looking for some high end Proacs I would certainly have jumped on these. alas, a couple of months ago i scored some speakers i’m very happy with. Still, very tempting.

Edited by buddyev

After a few years looking for some high end Proacs I would certainly have jumped on these. alas, a couple of months ago i scored some speakers i’m very happy with. Still, very tempting.
Go on do it!
Everything so far was just leading up to this moment - long time dead![emoji6]

13 minutes ago, Darn said:

Did you buy?

Still available at the moment.

A couple of potential buyers in Melbourne but they require me to pack the speakers which at 60kg each, I'm a little reluctant to do.

You don't have to pack them yourself. Get in touch with your local Pack and Send, they will come to your place and do it all. Just make sure you ask the buyer to pay for shipping, whatever it is. 

My usual procedure when selling bulky items which are expensive to ship is to ask for two payments from the buyer. The first payment to secure the item, and the second payment for the shipping. 

• Like 1

You don't have to pack them yourself. Get in touch with your local Pack and Send, they will come to your place and do it all. Just make sure you ask the buyer to pay for shipping, whatever it is. 

My usual procedure when selling bulky items which are expensive to ship is to ask for two payments from the buyer. The first payment to secure the item, and the second payment for the shipping. 
There you go@buddyev - no excuse! [emoji6]

I'll pick them up for you @buddyev , it's under an hour from my place, they'll fit in the back of the new car and I'll set them up with my topaz here and await your arrival.

Hurry up and pay the man.

Some time in the near future or relatively near-ish, I'll take the Honda for a drive to Bleak City(and it's at it's best bleakish at the mo aint it...) and we'll set them up a Bud-Yev Towers and we'll get the rabbito to supply drinks and baked bunnies.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t trust pack and send with this. I did this before with a lighter speaker and it arrived corners dented because they hadn’t put any padding just a single sheet of cardboard.

Guest palexsia
10 hours ago, craig10 said:

Still available at the moment.

A couple of potential buyers in Melbourne but they require me to pack the speakers which at 60kg each, I'm a little reluctant to do.

Just resent pm again . Will pay now , pack and pickup later need a bit of time time .

Edited by palexsia