SOLD: FS: Holo Audio Spring DAC ~ Level 4 Wild Stage Edition.

SOLD

Item: Holo Audio Spring DAC ~ Level 4 Wild Stage Edition (Silver Transformer Version).
Price:  $2550 includes postage in Australia ( RRP is $3400 landed in Oz).
Item Condition:  Excellent 9/10, with factory packaging.
Reason for selling: don't know?? probably shouldn't be selling it.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

This beautiful sounding r2r ladder DAC needs no introduction and is favourably reviewed all over the internet. It will play everything from 44.1Khz to hirez 384 to SACD-64 up to 8 x DSD-512. And, do it all seamlessly switching from one format to the next without having to further touch your computer audio settings. This version of the Holo Audio Spring DAC is from Wildism Audio and is the top of the range Wild Stage Edition Level 4 version with the bag of tricks installed including Jensen Capacitors, wiring mods and Silver Mains Transformer. This version comes without the thumbnail size extra trafo on the AES balanced connection, no biggie for me as I do not believe in balanced connections in a domestic environment. Wildism sells the dac for $2600 USD and by the time you try and land it in Australia, it costs around $3400 AUD with shipping, taxes etc. See the technical details about the Wild Stage Edition Holodac here: 

https://wildism-audio-hk.myshopify.com/collections/dac/products/holo-audio-spring-r2r-dac-wild-stage-special-edition

There are many reviews and user reports saying that this is one of the most detailed and natural sounding dacs out there - regardless of price. It is certainly one of the best that I have ever heard. Here are some reviews including one from Stereophile Magazine USA which gave it a big thumbs up.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/holoaudio-spring-kitsuné-tuned-edition-level-3-da-processor

https://www.audiostream.com/content/holo-audio-spring-dac-level-3-kitsune-tuned-edition

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/reviews/holo-audio-spring-level-3-kitsune-tuned-edition-r2r-dac-review/

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/holo-audio-spring-dac-level-3-kitsune-tuned-edition.21984/reviews#review-17337

*Images below taken from the web except for the last couple which are of the actual unit. The Singxer SU-1 is not included in the sale price as I need it elsewhere, but I could be persuaded to let it go at a reasonable price?

518holo.2.jpg

518holo.ins.jpg

518holo.bac.jpg

518holo.ins2.jpg

holodac.jpg

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Edited by Steve M
  • Like 1

It apparently has a few extra bits going on compared to the Level Three, so the guys on Head-Fi, SBAF or Computer Audiophile refer to it as a ‘Level 4’  ...to differentiate it I guess.

I've heard the level 3 i think it was in a friends excellent sounding system which was compared to some other dac's and it was a really great sounding dac (from my previous highly modified TL1 and also from Tidal).

It sounded fantastic and is really cheap for what it can be compared to sonically.

Good luck with the sale Steve! ?

LPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lansche plasma guy said:

I've heard the level 3 i think it was in a friends excellent sounding system which was compared to some other dac's and it was a really great sounding dac (from my previous highly modified TL1 and also from Tidal).

It sounded fantastic and is really cheap for what it can be compared to sonically.

Good luck with the sale Steve! ?

LPG

Thanks Bryan, agree it would take a very special (expensive) dac to best this one.

Steve.

Going to fill the freezer up with Nor West blowies more like it! Still selling  their front teeth to use in dentures?That's where Barnaby Joyce got his apparently.

w1200_h678_fcrop.jpg

Edited by THOMO
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, THOMO said:

Going to fill the freezer up with Nor West blowies more like it! Still selling  their front teeth to use in dentures?

Revealing some dentistry trade secrets, I presume? Or are you calling Barnaby a blowfish? :D

Latest Update!!

I’m going a bit weak at the knees on the Holodac and can’t quite bring myself to let the unit go? It’s the first time I’m thinking of pulling the sale - never happened before to me in 30 yrs of hi-fi’ing.

It doesn’t help that I did a careful comparison today with four other dacs in my possession (albeit cheaper ones) and the Holo is indeed very special sounding. You know that flat dimensionality that many digital products can manifest, well, the Holodac just doesn’t have that signature - it sounds wide open, hyper detailed and real.

Fortunately, the local buyer is a good bloke and is sympathetic to my position. ? He is coming around tomorrow for a listening session and I guess we will decide then whether the Holodac leaves the house.

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by Steve M

Latest Update!!

I’m going a bit weak at the knees on the Holodac and can’t quite bring myself to let the unit go? It’s the first time I’m thinking of pulling the sale - never happened before to me in 30 yrs of hi-fi’ing.

It doesn’t help that I did a careful comparison today with four other dacs in my possession (albeit cheaper ones) and the Holo is indeed very special sounding. You know that flat dimensionality that many digital products can manifest, well, the Holodac just doesn’t have that signature - it sounds wide open, hyper detailed and real.

Fortunately, the local buyer is a good bloke and is sympathetic to my position. [emoji106] He is coming around tomorrow for a listening session and I guess we will decide then whether the Holodac leaves the house.

Cheers,

Steve.
Couldn't really understand why you were selling it in the first place with your non-committal reason for selling in the opening post.