Nad T758v3 new MDC module

A new MDC module [AM230 card] to  replace the current one has been developed to eradicate noise issues with the dolby atmos height pre outs and sp 'dif ins ; any one with a T758v3 feel free to comment as Ime considering one atm :) More sturdy shielding and isolating repositioning by the looks..

attachment.php?attachmentid=2407712&stc=

Edited by cwt

41 minutes ago, Irek said:

Thanks for the info, probably my next AVR. 

Agreed ; was considering the anthem mrx720 but its just about the best value avr that can manage 7.1.4 with such a great room eq :) And it doesn't have a bunch of superfluous analogue video inputs to add $$

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Are NAD AVR's still buggy? Had a T757 which was problematic. Switched to Denon haven't had any issues. It appears the T758 still has issues as per forums.

Yes Dokken ; they have had that reputation for  ages but with the current crop they have been quick with the firmware upgrades ; especially in comparison with say Arcam who finally decided bass management belongs before dirac.

Its a truism but theres a steeper learning curve with dirac compared to audyssey ; especially when you rely on wifi to take calibrations ; the dearer model 777v3 has an ethernet port for those with network problems . It looks very popular on avforum as people compare it to the home grown Arcam for value ;

https://www.avforums.com/threads/nad-t758v3-dolby-atmos-7-1-4-dirac-live.2111763/page-18#post-26267447

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2895049-nad-758-v3-98.html#post56260370

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 09/06/2018 at 9:27 PM, Dokken said:

Are NAD AVR's still buggy? Had a T757 which was problematic. Switched to Denon haven't had any issues. It appears the T758 still has issues as per forums.

I've done a lot of research on this.   I think it's fair to say that there are bugs, but also that there are many people who are fine.   It's the typical things there days, you only hear from the people with issues, and so it seems like everyone has issues.

Mine (T758) has recently arrived.... and after getting it all updated with the latest software, everything seems to be working well.    It's certainly less "plug and play" than some AVRs, but this is the price for a modular platform, and such an aggressive price.

• 1 month later...
On 05/06/2018 at 5:26 PM, cwt said:

A new MDC module [AM230 card] to  replace the current one has been developed to eradicate noise issues with the dolby atmos height pre outs and sp 'dif ins ; any one with a T758v3 feel free to comment as Ime considering one atm :) More sturdy shielding and isolating repositioning by the looks..

attachment.php?attachmentid=2407712&stc=

I feel gutted.

Just received my T758v3 (ordered Jan 2019) and it's got the old AM230 module with the noise issues, and I plan on setting it up with heights.

Why do we get treated like this?

Even the manual (https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/T758v3_eng_OM_v17.pdf) shows the updated module

image.thumb.png.ecd5b8eb4cc4af81aa01a5c51b321d86.png

I'm interested to see how the "Music First" mantra stands up on Monday when I confront them about selling me old defective stock (especially when I asked if the modules were updated before placing my order).

1 hour ago, Gridmon said:

Even the manual (https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/T758v3_eng_OM_v17.pdf) shows the updated module

I'm interested to see how the "Music First" mantra stands up on Monday when I confront them about selling me old defective stock (especially when I asked if the modules were updated before placing my order).

Seems they have a different attitude in the UK Gridmon ?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/nad-t758v3-dolby-atmos-7-1-4-dirac-live.2111763/page-12#post-26135909

Hope they do the right thing and Aus is not a place to reduce required hardware revisions ..

On 19/01/2019 at 10:20 PM, Dokken said:

It appears NAD still haven't sorted out their ongoing issues with their AVR's. I for one am not surprised!

To be fair, I thought NAD had sorted out their issues with the upgraded module. I'm just shocked that i'm given an old one so long after the engineering fix was identified and done. So for me the jury is still out on whether its an ongoing issue. I guess dependent on how this is handled.

Edited by Gridmon
Hit return for new line rather than send - added second sentence.
  • Like 1

I can certainly empathise. Oddly enough I had a Marantz AVR and had an issue with it (fan stopped working). But it was fixable, and I feel it was a very nice and long lasting unit.

Ideally everything should work out of the box. Companies like Apple put a great effort into making that `just work` and be as frictionless as possible. But a higher-end AVR has a much smaller market, and I guess they're not as polished in some areas?

However, thats when the after sales service is going to really matter. Waiting on call back...

• Like 2

On 21/01/2019 at 2:13 PM, Dokken said:

Good luck and I hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you ☺

Thanks.

The retailer came back to me (nice guy), said he will get it all sorted.

The distributer tech dept told me my module is the same as all the other T758v3 - dont understand this. There's plenty of info about the update in this thread and avforums.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Gridmon said:

Thanks.

The retailer came back to me (nice guy), said he will get it all sorted.

The distributer tech dept told me my module is the same as all the other T758v3 - dont understand this. There's plenty of info about the update in this thread and avforums.

Mine is the old module when I purchased in July 18.   Will be interested to see what Qualifi Convoy International says about replacing module.

Edited by Snoopy8
Corrected distributor

Mine is the old module when I purchased in July 18.   Will be interested to see what Qualifi Convoy International says about replacing module.

Well, turns out my just purchase t758v3 is more than a year older than that. So far no go. Convoy told me all T758v3 are the same. Which surprised me no end.
Will let yet know.

13 minutes ago, Gridmon said:

Well, turns out my just purchase t758v3 is more than a year older than that. So far no go. Convoy told me all T758v3 are the same. Which surprised me no end.
Will let yet know.

I wrote to NAD directly and they directed me back to Convoy if I have a problem with noise. Will thoroughly check soon.