SOLD: Lenehan ML1

• Administrator

Good buying here. You'll struggle to find a better sounding speaker at this price if you don't require large room filling sound!

From the official website, there are 3 different versions such as ML1, ML1 +R and ML 1 Ref. but could not find any info what the differences are.     Can anyone help me to understand what the difference are? 

I believe that this one is ML1 standard version?

Edited by Spider27

16 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

From the official website, there are 3 different versions such as ML1, ML1 +R and ML 1 Ref. but could not find any info what the differences are.     Can anyone help me to understand what the difference are? 

I believe that this one is ML1 standard version?

Find the difference between ML1 and ML1+R from another thread.

"the PlusR will run our hand cut ribbon wire a Jupiter Condenser high frequency capacitor and higher power low TC non inductive resistors.

there will be no difference in measurements between any of the ML1's"

Not sure what the difference between ML1+R and ML1 Ref though but I got the idea that each model up uses better components inside. 

Looks amazing and surely sound would match the look :)   

If you move your mouse over the ML1, ML1 +R and ML1Ref. words under the little pics of the speakers near the top of the ML1 page you will find that each of them is a link and they will take you different pages that will describe the different models.

See pic.

lenehan 1.png

• Like 1

As above it’s pretty much just better components in the same box, but may include additional bracing etc, as cafad mentioned there is a link for each and you’ll notice a few lines different on each version, but you’d be forgiven for missing it at first as there aren’t large differences.

• Like 1

If I understood specs table correctly, the difference mainly comes from Crossover construction. 

ML1
Full hardwire hand build, all joints are high pressure low contact area cold weld sealed with Teflon amalgamated wrap.

12awg aircored inductors, low tension handwound double stabilised.

Metalised Polypropelene 250volt. Utilising copper film and foil bypass capacitors.

Dale Vishay non inductive wire wound 6.5 watt to 13 watt and Mundorf 10watt metal oxide depending on location in the circuit. 

ML1 +R
Full hardwire hand build all joints are high pressure, low contact area cold weld sealed with Teflon amalgamated wrap. 
Duelund Alexander 900 volt bypass capacitors. 
Duelund Carbon Phenolic 15watt resistors in high frequency circuit. 
Metalised Polypropelene 250v base capacitors. 
Mundorf metal oxide resistors. 

ML1 Ref.
Full hardwire hand build, all joints are high pressure low contact area cold weld sealed with Teflon amalgamated wrap. 
Duelund VSF CopperFoil capacitors. 
Duelund Carbon Phenolic body 15watt Resistors

3 minutes ago, Cafad said:

I believe the +R and Ref models also have ribbon wire internally while the standard model does not.  Apart from that, yes, those are the differences.

Thank you very much. Now understood the differences. :thumb: